Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

I need a new pc, but I need it to dual boot between Windows 10, and Mac OS. I need to be able to run animation software (Blender Animation and Maya), video editing software (probably iMovie, I am not a professional editor), and I needs to be able to game. All of the video editing and animation will be done on Mac OS, and all gaming will be done on Windows 10. My total budget is $1600. Does anyone have any good system ideas? Ask me questions if needed.

"yes."

Ryzen 2700X with a 1070 ti or 1080 (if you can find one). Get a Nvme drive. Abt the 2 different operating systems i don't really know

• CPU
    i3-6100
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte H110m ds2
  • RAM
    16gb 2400MHz Corsair Vengence
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    500GB 860 EVO & 1TB seagate hdd
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Superlux HD660 Reference Closed Back Headphones
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (1907)

Dual boot MacOS on a computer? I don't know, last time I checked you needed specific hardware for it. Doesn't running Hackintosh or MacOS or whatever on a virtual machine cover your needs? Do you really need MacOS? I don't think it will perform that good on a PC

-= Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 10/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, PacketMan said:

Dual boot MacOS on a computer? I don't know, last time I checked you needed specific hardware for it. Doesn't running Hackintosh or MacOS or whatever on a virtual machine cover your needs? Do you really need MacOS? I don't think it will perform that good on a PC

I think I can just use bootcamp on Mac OS to use Windows.

"yes."

On 10/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, Williyamithadude said:

I would get a macbook with an external gpu because thats the easiest way to dual boot https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/dual-boot-windows-macos

I think something like that would cost a fortune. I have an iMac mid-2011 and I was thinking I could do something similar. The Mac has a 10GbE Thunderbolt port on the back, I was thinking of using old computer hardware to make an external render server.

"yes."

5 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

I think I can just use bootcamp on Mac OS to use Windows.

Yeah... But you won't game on a Mac. Basically, you'll get decent framerate on a few games avaliable on Mac, like CSGO, but you'll need a GPU and the iMac with GPU is a bit expensive iirc

I don't know