I need a new pc, but I need it to dual boot between Windows 10, and Mac OS. I need to be able to run animation software (Blender Animation and Maya), video editing software (probably iMovie, I am not a professional editor), and I needs to be able to game. All of the video editing and animation will be done on Mac OS, and all gaming will be done on Windows 10. My total budget is $1600. Does anyone have any good system ideas? Ask me questions if needed.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Ryzen 2700X with a 1070 ti or 1080 (if you can find one). Get a Nvme drive. Abt the 2 different operating systems i don't really know

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

-= Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 10/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, PacketMan said:

Dual boot MacOS on a computer? I don't know, last time I checked you needed specific hardware for it. Doesn't running Hackintosh or MacOS or whatever on a virtual machine cover your needs? Do you really need MacOS? I don't think it will perform that good on a PC

I think I can just use bootcamp on Mac OS to use Windows.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, Williyamithadude said:

I would get a macbook with an external gpu because thats the easiest way to dual boot https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/dual-boot-windows-macos

I think something like that would cost a fortune. I have an iMac mid-2011 and I was thinking I could do something similar. The Mac has a 10GbE Thunderbolt port on the back, I was thinking of using old computer hardware to make an external render server.