Steelseries QcK vs Razer Goliathus Speed Edition: a short comparison

ManOfDisguise

Out of the QcK mousepads I own the medium sized one(called just SS QcK)

Out of the Goliathus mousepads I own the 2nd biggest one(Alpha) and the Speed edition

Steelseries QcK:

- Nice, minimalistic look to it.

- Can get dirty easily though

- Has much more friction/resistance than the Goliathus mousepads( however this is personal preference whtehr or not you like more or less friction) - With my old G400 it had nice glide but that was because the G400 has pretty good, big feet. With my DA 2013 however it felt like I was fighting with the mousepad since it had so much friction and the DA...doesnt have the best or biggest feet in the world.

- Edges of the mousepad might fray eventually(they did a bit for me)

Razer Goliathus Speed Edition(note I have the older version with the Razer logo in the upper right corner)

- Not so minimalistic as the QcK. Again this is all personal preference. Note that the newer versions are almost ocmpletely covered with the razer logo. Design is the only diference between the newer and older versions. If you like black and green go for the older ones.

- Has less friction/more glide than the QcK but not as much glide as hard mousepads. It's a nice balance between glide and control as it doesnt glide too much.

- The edges are covered with an anti fraying stitch frame which is really nice because this pretty much eliminates the problems I had with the QcK regarding the edges coming off.

My conclusion:

A lot of people might hate me for saying this but I think the Razer Goliathus mousepads are better built and thought out than the QcK mousepads. This does not mean the QcK mousepads are a bad buy. The two main advantages out of the ones I listed of the Goliathus are, for me at least that it has less resistance and that it has that anti fraying stitch frame which holds the mousepad together.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I +1 this. The razer goliathus speed edition( I have the newer watery design) is awsome in both build quality and in smoothness for ease of mouse movement.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

QcK+ Is the best mousemat I have personally owned, I will not be replacing it any time soon!!

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

In my opinion (Unrelated just to the pads) but I think SteelSeries is the most underrated gaming brand of this year. Their products are incredible, affordable and professional looking. Love them :) ( c

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

Well, considering the Razer goliathus is 3-times more expensive than the QcK where i live i went with the QcK :)

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

In my opinion (Unrelated just to the pads) but I think SteelSeries is the most underrated gaming brand of this year. Their products are incredible, affordable and professional looking. Love them :) ( c

and they also have the worst customer support. have fun if u need an rma on anything it takes months. IF they are underrated they deserve it

and they also have the worst customer support. have fun if u need an rma on anything it takes months. IF they are underrated they deserve it

Im actually close friends with one of the head staff, I haven't seen many issues. But obviously they would keep that on a hush. What problems did you have?

Im actually close friends with one of the head staff, I haven't seen many issues. But obviously they would keep that on a hush. What problems did you have?

just look at their facebook page it always has people saying it taking weeks/months to get an rma done and it takes an average of 1-2 weeks per reply on support tickets. for my siberia v2 they held it hostage for a month before i got it back, and right now i have 2 support tickets open and it takes around 2 weeks to get a reply.

I love my QcK Mass. It's really thick and has good friction for me. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II