Best way to pull weeds.

MandoPanda

I just discovered today that the best way to pull weeds is with a needle nose plier... 

I got blisters last weekend pulling weeds and today I had some trouble with the roots of one weed, when I thought that a needle nose plier would work great. I wondered why I didn't think of that earlier. No more blisters for me!

Does anyone else do this same thing?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

I dont necessarily do gardening and only type of weed I touch is sticky and gets consumed by me 

( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I dislike using poisons but when my old back and knees could no longer take pulling weeds from my gravel yard, I had to resort to chemical warfare. As long as I get them when they are small, there is need to pull them afterward since they just dry up and disintegrate. The product I use kills the root so the weed won't grow back like it can when merely pulled.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Electric weed trimmer keeps them at bay, also scares everyone around me and keeps them away too, so I kill 2 problems with one thing ?

I'd rather stay standing and just pull them right out using something like this
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fiskars-stand-up-weed-remover-0596739p.html

45 minutes ago, Required said:

Hmm I like to grow them. Its funny here its total legal to buy small weed plants.

http://hanf-hanf.at/Hanfstecklinge

NOT the kind of weed being talked about here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Why would I pull weeds? Just let your lawn grow naturally. No reason for human interference.

I used to pull weeds by gripping the bottom of their stem, the portion in the soil above the roots, and pull up and out sharply.

I always wear thick work gloves because weeds in CA can be spiky.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

7 hours ago, EPENEX said:

Why would I pull weeds? Just let your lawn grow naturally. No reason for human interference.

weedsideyard.jpg

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

12 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

weedsideyard.jpg

that ain't weeds, it's grass that hasn't been cut for like, a month.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

that ain't weeds, it's grass that hasn't been cut for like, a month.

That's not the 'grass' I want. Anything can be called a weed just because you don't want it there. The type of grass I want doesn't grow that high.

Notice how I left some.

weedsideyard2.jpg

12 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I dislike using poisons but when my old back and knees could no longer take pulling weeds from my gravel yard, I had to resort to chemical warfare. As long as I get them when they are small, there is need to pull them afterward since they just dry up and disintegrate. The product I use kills the root so the weed won't grow back like it can when merely pulled.

When I worked for the council it was something like this. Any weeds more than an inch or so get pulled up, hand near the base and twist etc. Then around a week later we come by and spray the weeds (RoundUp - but we tell the public its salt water, theres some funny people around ae), then the weedeater crew comes around and then does the edging and to make way for the lawnmower. It all ends up looking pretty great. For bigger stuff like Gorse you need to get out the chainsaw and use the gel, same with oak trees (but the little ones you can just pull out). 

10 hours ago, EPENEX said:

Sometimes plants can get pretty competitive - especially weeds, moss around here can be a big problem and your lawn just gets all patchy and orange in the summer. Some plants can also be poisonous to livestock, so they can be a problem. If you're into growing veggies and fruit then you're going to need to learn whats a weed and whats not etc and a little bit of horticulture. A weed is pretty much an invasive plant that spreads + grows quickly. Some weeds can be pretty nice, such as stinging nettle (mix it with gnocci for nice pasta - and makes for great pesto), but others like gorse are very annoying. 

2-4-D or Remedy if they really need to go away fast and for a long time, as Remedy makes everything go away.

There's also this invention:

Spoiler

grays-work-gloves-7008-06-64_1000.jpg

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

3 hours ago, wANKER said:

There's also this invention:

Hide contents

grays-work-gloves-7008-06-64_1000.jpg

I was wearing gloves but I got blisters still.

1 hour ago, MandoPanda said:

I was wearing gloves but I got blisters still.

If your hands blister enough then your hands will get thicker skin & after a while you don’t have to worry.