Cpu/Gpu Bottleneck? 1080ti i7-7700k

crunkz

Hi! I know my gpu and cpu should'nt bottleneck eachother but i swear it's happening somehow.

I also swear i can feel micro-stutters when cpu hits 100% usage

I need to know a surefire to test

a) If one of them is causing issues for the other

b) How to monitor precisely dips in FPS in correlation to CPU usage/bottlenecking

c) Alot of help with all of this and how to get rid of it

I'll do any test, give any system info.

Please help me!

It might be the cpu overclocking issue. Try increase vcore and see if the stutters were still there. I use afterburner to monitor everything 

I think i've solved it a little bit, im at a constant 2k core clock, okay temps, no real big dips om FPS unless i hit 100% cpu usage, let me stress that it still happens but more rarely.

Should I up the voltage even more?

Cus I'm getting constant voltage limit hit still while in Multiplayer or Blackout in BO4, but in ZOMBIES the voltage limit doesn't get set off almost ever.

Why is that, and/or what should i do from here?

If you need any info, just ask

atm the CPU is at 4.7ghz @ Adaptive mode 1.3V and GPU is 2012 core clock (downclocks to 1999 cus of 1 temp limit) and 5.5 mem clock. 

aprox 70C on GPU under heavy load, aprox 80-90 on CPU under heavy load ( i need to delid this i7-7700k, i know ) 

power limit does not go off btw, even tho its 120 in Afterburner.

voltage limit is +100.

Curious to what processes (combined or otherwise) are causing 100% CPU specifically...

Do you close apps you don't need while gaming..?

Full PC Specs?

Games (usually) don't MAX MAX out on 8threads near 4.5Ghz, maybe AssCreed as I've seen 75-90% Max myself on my 4790K+1070 rig.

So what's using your CPU so hard?

Revert OC, set Mobo defaults.. reset boot drive n whatever options you need for a stock boot.

Try that as well, because some boards can have a bitchfit while "seemingly normal"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have reverted OC's and pressed default in BIOS many times during my time to fix this, is there a more specific order i should do it?

Can i get instructions for an idiot? ?

And while I play games, i use nothing else in the background and i still hit that high cpu usage, and that's a big problem for me

I want to sometimes watch a stream while I game, can't rly do that.

I want to stream myself sometimes, that's no chance in hell, temps go up, game feels laggy.

So yeah.. Idiot instructions?

What kind of cooler and what are your temps?

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Cooler is a Corsair Hydro H100 Bulk without fans, temp around 80 to high 80's while gaming Cod 4, and it goes as high as 96 when the ambient temp is rly high.

GPU temps are a steady 70ish

The rest of my specs are;

Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Prosessor

akasa Vegas X7 RGB LED, 120mm Vifte x2

Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 16GB

ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming, Socket-1151

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming

Samsung PM961 SSD 512GB M.2 NVMe

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5'' HDD

Windows 10 Home OA

What puzzles me aswell is that I have enabled the 5ghz profile in bios before and i didn't really overheat, i had maybe the same temps as now or even slightly lower.

Do i need to adjust voltages, or the core speed, or set it from adaptive to a set voltage? 

Still constant voltage limit ingame, but ONLY in multiplayer.... not the BR mode. Why is that? O_o

I put the game to use 5 out of my 8 threads and put "Enable multi-threaded rendering" to ON in the .ini, FPS is stable like 97% of the time, i don't hit 100% all the time on my CPU anymore, but it's still spiking in the mid 90's, temps are mid 80's.

Any ideas on how to improve from here ?

On 10/20/2018 at 3:28 PM, crunkz said:

b) How to monitor precisely dips in FPS in correlation to CPU usage/bottlenecking

Compare it to stock. is it better after that? I'd say your thermals are high enough to warrant reducing the voltage.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

It is better then stock, smoother gameplay, same ammount of stutters tbh.

Reduce voltage on GPU or CPU? and will my clocks hold then or do i need to reduce them aswell?

High CPU usage? Go back to default settings (CPU, GPU, BIOS) and try to play that specific game that keeps your cpu pinned to 100%, then check task manager to see if there are any other programs that uses a lot of CPU. Most of the time they are a virus, specifically cryptomining app that was injected to your PC while you're trying to install an unsafe app. You can also share a screenshot of your task manager (Process Tab, sort CPU from high to low) and lets see what causes that insane cpu usage.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

High CPU usage in COD 4, is just cod 4 - being cod 4. No crypto whatever here, but thanks for the tip.