Good UPS to clean up power

Pyrokeet

So Im going to be moving to an older house soon (Built in 1976) and I know the electrical hasnt been upgraded. What would be a good UPS just to clean up the power to make sure I dont have any issues?

im dead irl

16 minutes ago, Pyrokeet said:

So Im going to be moving to an older house soon (Built in 1976) and I know the electrical hasnt been upgraded. What would be a good UPS just to clean up the power to make sure I dont have any issues?

Make sure the outlets have ground.  THAT should be priority.  Otherwise, UPS, surge suppressors, etc. don't mean jack.

31 minutes ago, Pyrokeet said:

What would be a good UPS just to clean up the power to make sure I dont have any issues?

This would be somewhat dependent on what amount of power you want it to be able to supply and for how long although for most users I would recommend the CyberPower Intelligent LCD 850VA or one within that lineup as I think that those are very good at knowing a lot of information about its current situations and letting you know if there is a potential problem or something which is effecting the UPS's operation to any extent such as a worn out battery. You can also connect it to your computer and get it to shutdown properly automatically when the power on the UPS is running low.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

37 minutes ago, Pyrokeet said:

a good UPS

I have two from Cyberpower and have had no probs.

CP1350PFCLCD and GX1325U.

Both are Sine Wave as opposed to @Boomwebsearch CP850AVRLCD which is simulated sine wave output.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Make sure the outlets have ground.  THAT should be priority.  Otherwise, UPS, surge suppressors, etc. don't mean jack.

Yep, this is very true. My house doesn't have ground and I'm about to run some wire for a new outlet with ground (and hammer a grounding rod into the ground) for my equipment.

Im not really to worried about keeping power on during a black out or anything like that. Im more worried about fluctuations and if i would need one I guess. I know that I will have a ground/.

im dead irl

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2018 at 10:54 PM, wONKEyeYEs said:

I have two from Cyberpower and have had no probs.

CP1350PFCLCD and GX1325U.

Both are Sine Wave as opposed to @Boomwebsearch CP850AVRLCD which is simulated sine wave output.

I agree, the CyberPower CP850AVRLCD is a unit which delivers simulated sine wave output which is usually okay for most devices although some need sine wave if they have active FPC power supplies as found in some high-end computer systems. Sine wave is more optimal although it is not absolutely necessary. I will include a video which is from CyberPower which explains the situations where you would need to have a sine wave output.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, Pyrokeet said:

Im not really to worried about keeping power on during a black out or anything like that. Im more worried about fluctuations and if i would need one I guess. I know that I will have a ground/.

This video which I have included does discuss AVR which is automatic voltage regulation and that will change the power to be less or more in voltage if any fluctuations are to occur. In the case that a very high or low amount in power fluctuation is present the unit would go into taking energy from the source of its battery. 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, Pyrokeet said:

The CP850AVRLCD is able to handle a load which is 510 watts at the maximum and has an 850VA output capacity. If you need more output capacity then I would recommend the CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD unit which supports a maximum load of 900 watts and a output capacity of 1500VA which may be overkill for your usage case because you do not have concerns much towards how much time the power would continue if it went out although if you get a unit which has more load capacity then the output capacity is going to be higher in general because the manufacturer intends to have the unit be able to power greater load and therefore have a larger battery capacity and that may be something which you do not need although it is not bad to have as in case of a power failure it would give you more time before the power actually would cut out to your connected devices. In general CyberPower has good protection of your equipment with large protection guarantees which is going to be up-to 50,000 dollars associated with the CP580AVRLCD and the CP150AVRLCD has a much larger protection guarantee which is a equipment protection guarantee of $500,000. In the case that the unit damages the connected equipment from a voltage fluctuation or surge then the manufacturer would be able to reimburse you for your damaged equipment and they may ask for the unit to be sent to them for inspection or ask for proof of purchase through a receipt so make sure that you do not loose it or keep a scanned online/digital copy of it in case that you need it.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch