ISP resetting router.

markr54632
2 minutes ago, AbsoluteFool said:

Well yeah of course. But let's go from a real life scenario. I call ISP customer support.

Me: Goodday, i have some problems with my router not working as it should. I've tried to reset it and checked again with the router in bridge mode. All cabeled directly to my computer only.

Customer support: Hello, could you set the router in bridge mode again?

Me : Of course.

Me: Same problem is still there.

Customer support: Did you set the router in bride mode?

Me: Yes and my cable is connected to port 3.

(Port 3 is specified in the manual btw)

Customer support: Can you run the speed test again?

Like really? The only stupidity here comes from customer support. I understand that they hang up if you are straight out a dick. But when you have done the things they ask about serval times and there simple is not any other options and you can explain this is a way that even a fool should understand something is wrong with them.

In a situation like this, simply ask to have the call escalated to the next level of support. And again, call back and make a complaint.

If you encounter people that are bad at their job, make a complaint - they might actually get fired and be replaced by someone better.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

In a situation like this, simply ask to have the call escalated to the next level of support. And again, call back and make a complaint.

If you encounter people that are bad at their job, make a complaint - they might actually get fired and be replaced by someone better.

I did ask to talk to someone at the that actually did tech support. I got yet another incompentent perosn to speak with. Her excuse was: I can't set your call directly to Tech support, before we have done the tests.

And the funny thing is. There is no way to fill a complaint against these people. What i do is make them send me a log of the chat or recording of the conversation. Then contact the CEO directly as i have a business SLA. By refusing me support that sovles my problem is them anulating the SLA meaning i got no obligations to them, and cane move on without being sued. It just pisses me off that people can't see on what a perosn write to find out if they have any knowledge or nothing.

I've done alot of customer support in my life and the most common thing i hear is. My internet is not working. You have problems with your service. My account will not login.

At that point i can tell that. Excuse my language.. The user is a complete idiot.

Just now, AbsoluteFool said:

I did ask to talk to someone at the that actually did tech support. I got yet another incompentent perosn to speak with. Her excuse was: I can't set your call directly to Tech support, before we have done the tests.

And the funny thing is. There is no way to fill a complaint against these people. What i do is make them send me a log of the chat or recording of the conversation. Then contact the CEO directly as i have a business SLA. By refusing me support that sovles my problem is them anulating the SLA meaning i got no obligations to them, and cane move on without being sued. It just pisses me off that people can't see on what a perosn write to find out if they have any knowledge or nothing.

I've done alot of customer support in my life and the most common thing i hear is. My internet is not working. You have problems with your service. My account will not login.

At that point i can tell that. Excuse my language.. The user is a complete idiot.

Sounds like you need a new ISP. Is there more than one available in your area?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Sounds like you need a new ISP. Is there more than one available in your area?

I've changed to Broadnet from a company called Lyse. I'm enjoying the high 100GB speeds, and honestly couldn't have had it any better now :P