Case usb 3.0 plug was too cheap

Seabottom

After I had plugged it in the 3.0 header, I realised it was not routed quite right.

It was very hard to get out so I pulled a bit harder and out it came - with the motherboards plastic shroud.

At first I thought I broke my board, but luckily, all the pins are still on it and straight.

I couldn't put the shroud back on again as I was scared that I might bend the pins, so now the plug us just sitting without the shroud.

Anyone else experienced this before?

Case is a Corsair Carbide Spec M-2 which btw, feels like shit quality, but it looks alright in the end.

12 minutes ago, Seabottom said:

After I had plugged it in the 3.0 header, I realised it was not routed quite right.

It was very hard to get out so I pulled a bit harder and out it came - with the motherboards plastic shroud.

At first I thought I broke my board, but luckily, all the pins are still on it and straight.

I couldn't put the shroud back on again as I was scared that I might bend the pins, so now the plug us just sitting without the shroud.

Anyone else experienced this before?

Case is a Corsair Carbide Spec M-2 which btw, feels like shit quality, but it looks alright in the end.

When you say it was not routed quite right, what did you see as wrong?

I believe the issue may be elsewhere, as the images on Corsair's site show the USB 3.0 header looks standard. You might be able to request a repair on the case if you can be bothered with the rigmarole if you weren't liable for the damadge-CC-9011087-WW-Gallery-Carbide-SPEC-M2-16.png

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again