~$450 for a new build, probably around existing 1050 TI

Jefferret

Happy Friday guys, I'm looking to build something around my 1050 ti as it and my SSD are the only components that are relatively recent. I don't play anything insane, just looking to get good framerates in Blops 4 in 1080p as it's the most demanding game I play consistently atm. Right now my CPU is heavily bottlenecking most games I play, and I'm not against value cases either.

ryzen 3 2200g (or 5 2600) and an AM4 motherboard (just my reccomendation)

edit: make sure the mobo is a B450, otherwise you need to update the BIOS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

9 minutes ago, Jefferret said:

Happy Friday guys, I'm looking to build something around my 1050 ti as it and my SSD are the only components that are relatively recent. I don't play anything insane, just looking to get good framerates in Blops 4 in 1080p as it's the most demanding game I play consistently atm. Right now my CPU is heavily bottlenecking most games I play, and I'm not against value cases either.

This or drop the i5 to an i3 and price goes to about $400

I'll post a ryzen option in a minute. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

My ryzen suggestion: 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $149.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - X370 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $85.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $70.98 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $436.73
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $416.73
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-19 12:52 EDT-0400  

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

4 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

My ryzen suggestion: 

Type Item Price
Storage Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $416.73

i agree with this one, this is good for if you are on a strict budget, then you can easily just replace the 2600 for a 2200g or 2400g if you do not have a GPU, but i agree with the decision on a 2600 considering the OP does have a GPU already, but you can get RGB RAM for just a few more dollars i think

edit: the rgb ram is just for a little touch of futuristic lol

edit 2: yup.. here it is https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VvVD4D/team-t-force-delta-rgb-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tf4d48g3000hc16cdc01

Slightly over your budget , you can use your ssd for black ops ( not sure of size, can you reply the size ) i do recommend another 1 x 8gb stick later on down the line as black ops 4 recommends 12gb ram 

Also, just realised change the ram to a speed that works with the motherboard - i just saw that after i posted it 

What's your current CPU?

For $450 you should be able to get a Ryzen 2600 + b450 + 2x8gb 3000+MHz ram + cx450m PSU + case

Add in your existing 1050ti, SSD, and any HDDs you have and you're good to go.

(I'm on phone and can't see what part has the mail in rebate, and I can't figure out how to set it to ignore Mir on the mobile site... but just swap it for one that's just cheaper without rebate cause most people don't bother filling them out)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Ben Mills said:

Slightly over your budget , you can use your ssd for black ops ( not sure of size, can you reply the size ) i do recommend another 1 x 8gb stick later on down the line as black ops 4 recommends 12gb ram 

i dont think the $200 cpu is necessary.. i think something cheaper would suffice.. but the 16gb ram is a good idea for a future investment (games are starting to require more these days) soon, people will need 12tb to run microsoft word... ?

17 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

What cpu do you currently have?

is your ssd 2.5 or m.2 

It is a 2.5 120g boot drive

7 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

Also, just realised change the ram to a speed that works with the motherboard - i just saw that after i posted it 

120 gb 2.5 ssd but it's a boot drive atm. This can definitely change with getting another or booting through hard drive.

15 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

This or drop the i5 to an i3 and price goes to about $400

I'll post a ryzen option in a minute. 

12 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

My ryzen suggestion: 

Type Item Price
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $416.73

I5 8400 with z370 board is a strange choice...

Only 8gb of ram is going to hurt performance in AAA title like black ops 4

Also you're missing a PSU ;)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Black Friday isn't that far away , you could wait for some deals- ryzen has some really good bundles avalaible so buying one then wont be the worst idea ever! If not a bundle , there will be power supplies, hard drives , and other components! My build will need to change as i didn't know it was 120gb at the time , can you stretch your budget or not?

Just now, Spotty said:

I5 8400 with z370 board is a strange choice...

Only 8gb of ram is going to hurt performance in AAA title like black ops 4

Also you're missing a PSU ;)

i5 with the z series board is just for future upgrades. Makes upgrading easier in the future. 

O... Whoops. 

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

Just now, Ben Mills said:

Black Friday isn't that far away , you could wait for some deals- ryzen has some really good bundles avalaible so buying one then wont be the worst idea ever! If not a bundle , there will be power supplies, hard drives , and other components! My build will need to change as i didn't know it was 120gb at the time , can you stretch your budget or not?

Sure, maybe $150 wiggle room?

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Case: DIYPC - DIY-BG01 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($35.96 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($22.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $457.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-19 13:23 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I have made two builds for you - first one is pushing the budget a lot and the second one is cheaper.Both builds can be overclocked which means in the long term the cpu will still be fine for gaming,but i do recommend a new cpu cooler further down the line ( if doing serious overclocking ) keep in mind that intel cpu's are normally better for gaming but ryzen offers better value.

What games will you be playing other than black ops 4?

Expensive build - 

- 6 Core intel cpu will be good for many years and is better for gaming than ryzen 

- Cooler is very good , i have the same one in my sg13b case with i5 7500 and hasnt been over 50 degrees.

Motherboard does the trick -  12gb is recommended for black ops 4

use your ssd for windows and 1tb for games - loading times could be long depending on game 

Case - a cheap case - you can edit the build to pick one you like.

- Power supply does the trick and is from a good reliable brand.

Cheaper build - 

Cheaper build - 

Solid cpu which can be overclocked, will last many years

motherboard does the trick 

1tb storage for your games - can have another ssd instead but obviously will have smaller capacity

/ other parts see above same as expensive build   

If you really want to keep the cost down you can buy 1x8gb ram stick now then another down the line but black ops 4 recommenced ram is 12gb  

To note !!! ----

Your gpu is decent but will struggle in some games which may hold back both systems especially the intel build - both builds you can add a new gpu if you wish further down the line... The option is there. 

13 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

I have made two builds for you - first one is pushing the budget a lot and the second one is cheaper.Both builds can be overclocked which means in the long term the cpu will still be fine for gaming,but i do recommend a new cpu cooler further down the line ( if doing serious overclocking ) keep in mind that intel cpu's are normally better for gaming but ryzen offers better value.

What games will you be playing other than black ops 4?

Expensive build - 

- 6 Core intel cpu will be good for many years and is better for gaming than ryzen 

- Cooler is very good , i have the same one in my sg13b case with i5 7500 and hasnt been over 50 degrees.

Motherboard does the trick -  12gb is recommended for black ops 4

use your ssd for windows and 1tb for games - loading times could be long depending on game 

Case - a cheap case - you can edit the build to pick one you like.

- Power supply does the trick and is from a good reliable brand.

Cheaper build - 

Cheaper build - 

Solid cpu which can be overclocked, will last many years

motherboard does the trick 

1tb storage for your games - can have another ssd instead but obviously will have smaller capacity

/ other parts see above same as expensive build   

If you really want to keep the cost down you can buy 1x8gb ram stick now then another down the line but black ops 4 recommenced ram is 12gb  

To note !!! ----

Your gpu is decent but will struggle in some games which may hold back both systems especially the intel build - both builds you can add a new gpu if you wish further down the line... The option is there. 

I mainly play esports games like League and OW. Path of Exile and some RTS's too, but I can play them fine with my current setup.

Thanks everyone, currently looking at the Ryzen variants at the moment. Seems like I should wait on optimization fixes on Treyarch's end before I build around Blops 4 though these look great as a general upgrade.

For reference, currently rocking an Athlon II x4 740 with 8gb DDR3 ram which is barely creaking along in a lot of my games. I don't want to know how much this is bottlenecking me but its super tangible.

I think a cheaper build would be better for those games.If you are waiting for some optimisation updates buying some hardware on black Friday could help you massively- power supplies , hard drives, ram and even ryzen  bundles.I do recommend a ryzen 5 2600 / x , that's a good cpu which is future proof... i regret not buying ryzen i bought a i5 7500. i think 16gb ram will help you alot and will be fine for many years, some games use 5/6gb ram ( i only have 8gb )

If you can press the heart & select a icon that would be much appreciated - trying to build my community reputation up !

If you have any more questions feel free to ask , pcpaprticker is a simple website if you have any builds that you want to ask me about feel free.

38 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

Motherboard does the trick 

They're terrible boards, and in the case of the gigabyte z370m ds3h I would argue that it cannot be used for overclocking due to its poor vrms and lack of vrm heatsinks.

Should have the 3200mhz memory with the ryzen system. Ryzen benefits more from faster ram than what Intel does.

I was struggling to find a motherboard so yes @Spotty is correct - We can change the build around if you wish, now that we know what types of games you'll be playing we can spend more money in other areas.Do you need the build asap or not? i can imagine they'll be a few better quality motherboards on sale on black Friday.

2 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

I was struggling to find a motherboard so yes @Spotty is correct - We can change the build around if you wish, now that we know what types of games you'll be playing we can spend more money in other areas.Do you need the build asap or not? i can imagine they'll be a few better quality motherboards on sale on black Friday.

Not ASAP, just looking for a good point to start from and this thread has given me plenty. Slow work day today

It's good to do a lot of research and look into all the parts that you want.I have linked a video below and your build will be similar but your build has a 1050ti and you'll have a better cpu.If you haven't built a pc before it's good to start watching videos on how to do so.Your pc will be able to play most games at 1080p with medium settings, but the intel build will be better but is more expensive.Older games you'll be able to play at high settings, the 16gb of ram will help!

You'll be able to upgrade the gpu in the future too!

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018