DJI spark of phantom 3?

Hi guys,

This is just a quickie I was looking at getting a DJI spark or a phantom 3 for Christmas and I wanted to know what one to get, I've watched a few videos on them and can't decide what one to get, on some videos the spark's camera looks really good but then on other it's looks really bad, the phantom seems to have an all round decent camera, I can the spark fly more combo plus an extra battery for about $770 and the base phantom 3 2.7k for about $900 any help would be appreciated what one to get or a different one to get bit my budget is about $900 AUD.

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
MOBO: Gigabyte B650 X AX
GPU: Power Color RX6800 16GB
RAM: 32GB G.Skill @ 6000Mhz
Case: Fractal Design Pop Silent
Monitor: 24" View Sonic VX2458 144hz

The spark and phantom are 2 quadcopers with very very different use cases.

The spark is marketed as a "selfie drone" which makes me cringe so hard it hurts... If you're wanting the portability but better video stability the Mavic series would likely be a better choice IMO.

However the older gen Phantoms offer a pretty great value at the expense of them being pretty massive... If that isn't a concern and you're just going to toss it in a pelican case anyway then it would be difficult to beat it.

As far as flying a DJI product... they're designed so anyone can fly them with little to no instruction. If you're wanting to fly otherwise, a more hobby grade quad with a GoPro will much better scratch that itch.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

If you get the spark with the fly more package, then I think you'll get about the same functionality. The exact specs are failing me right now, but i'm pretty sure they're both 1080p30. IIRC, the spark has one less axis on the gimbal though, so your video may not be as stable on the P3. I think if I had to choose between just those two DJI products I would go for the spark with the flymore. If you don't have that package, then you don't get the controller at which point the P3 makes much more sense for the extra control.

ASU