What does "GTX" stand for

DivineMedia

What does it stand for and I not talking about the teir i'm talking about does it stand for "Grapics Technology Xtreme" or somethig like that?

CPU: Intel I5-4670K@ 4 Ghz, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780, PSU: EVGA 850W Gold, Case: Corsair Spec-01, HDD's: 120GB boot,1TB games,2TB storage, Optical Drive: Generic DVD (Writer?)(occasionally), Misc: Avermedia Live gamer HD, random wireless card my father had(Occasionally)

Graphic technology extreme

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

GTX is NVIDIA's top tier cards. Its a visual indication of power.

Previously they had GT-GTS-GS-SE.

GTX is NVIDIA's top tier cards. Its a visual indication of power.Previously they had GT-GTS-GS-SE.

As I stated I wasn't talking about teir I was talking about the abreveation (if that's how you spell it)

CPU: Intel I5-4670K@ 4 Ghz, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780, PSU: EVGA 850W Gold, Case: Corsair Spec-01, HDD's: 120GB boot,1TB games,2TB storage, Optical Drive: Generic DVD (Writer?)(occasionally), Misc: Avermedia Live gamer HD, random wireless card my father had(Occasionally)

GTX is NVIDIA's top tier cards. Its a visual indication of power.

Previously they had GT-GTS-GS-SE.

GTX is actually Nvidia's consumer series cards not necessarily top tier. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

It had to be inspired from Grand Tourer / Grand Turismo, Right? I mean their older models were all 'GT'

As I stated I wasn't talking about teir I was talking about the abreveation (if that's how you spell it)

"Visual indication of power."

GeForce Xtreme?

Lol...so sleepy....nope.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

"Visual indication of power."

Well I was what the prefix "GTX" stands for not the definition. So GT would be "Graphic technology", GTS would be "Graphics Technology Superior", anf so on and so forth

• 6 years later...

I am not sure about the GT, but I am pretty sure that the X is a roman numeral 10, because they used to be at the GT 1000 series, then they made the GTX 180, so I think they just reverted and added a roman numeral ten.

This is just my guess, not a definitive answer.  I can tell you that the new RTX has RT for Ray Tracing, though.