Headset/Headphones

Sminka

I would like to buy a new headset/headphones. They should cost about 200 Euro. I looked at the GSP 500 as my headset. With the GSP 600 many have said that the headset is not comfortable after several hours. Does the 500 have the same problem? On the list is still the Steelseries Arctis Pro + Gamedac. Do you have experience with the Sennheiser 598 or the AKG 712 Pro? The headphones/headset should not be too neutral. I play very often and listen to a lot of music. My current Headset is HyperX Cloud II the new pair should be a worth upgrade from them. 

1 minute ago, Sminka said:

I would like to buy a new headset/headphones. They should cost about 200 Euro. I looked at the GSP 500 as my headset. With the GSP 600 many have said that the headset is not comfortable after several hours. Does the 500 have the same problem? On the list is still the Steelseries Arctis Pro + Gamedac. Do you have experience with the Sennheiser 598 or the AKG 712 Pro? The headphones/headset should not be too neutral. I play very often and listen to a lot of music.

Do you need a microphone?? Also do you prefer a little more bass or more highs. What about isolation??? Open Back vs Closed Back??? I don't think any Gaming headsets are going to give you value for money in any audio aspect. Once you decide the answer, @Max_Settings will get you the best options.

If you can get an amp the HD 6XX from Massdrop is a great buy if you want Open-Back.

I use a HD 598SE as my headset. It's not too bad, light and soft head-clamp makes for comfort for even the longest of gaming sessions.

It sounds okay, falls short of my DT990s in basically every respect, but the DT990 clamps too hard imo.

I use it with a Ket-Direct boom mic that has the 2.5mm plug on it, which I would consider sufficient.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

Im from germany so the HD6XX would be not worth after tax and shipping costs. I need a microphone but i could buy later one when the headphone are "worth" compared to the two headsets i talked about. Should have bass but not too much and should have nice highs. I dont mind about the isolation i can use open back and closed back. The HD 600 cost here 280 Euro and the HD 650 cost 330 Euro. Is it the money worth ? But is the HD598SE as upgrade worth ?

1 minute ago, Sminka said:

Im from germany so the HD6XX would be not worth after tax and shipping costs. I need a microphone but i could buy later one when the headphone are "worth" compared to the two headsets i talked about. Should have bass but not too much and should have nice highs. I dont mind about the isolation i can use open back and closed back. The HD 600 cost here 280 Euro and the HD 650 cost 330 Euro. Is it the money worth ? But is the HD598SE as upgrade worth ?

If you like highs I'd suggest you get a DT990 Pro and a modmic tbh.

The DT990s are a lot more engaging in the highs, with much punchier bass imo.

It's just that the DT990s aren't as convenient to use as a headset compared to the 598s

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

7 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

If you like highs I'd suggest you get a DT990 Pro and a modmic tbh.

The DT990s are a lot more engaging in the highs, with much punchier bass imo.

It's just that the DT990s aren't as convenient to use as a headset compared to the 598s

I dont like the dt 990s. the beyerpeek is too much for my ears haha :D and i heard its not a big upgrade from my cloud II 

Just now, Sminka said:

I dont like the dt 990s. the beyerpeek is too much for my ears haha :D and i heard its not a big upgrade from my cloud II 

Yeah, the DT990s can be quite harsh to the ears at first, but I started enjoying the pain after a while.

Also, having heard the Cloud IIs, they're not even remotely in the same league as the DT990s. Especially with my tube amp set-up.

Are there any alternatives ? Is the GSP a bad headset ?

I have the HyperX cloud cores and when I tried my friends open back headphones it felt really different because of the cloud's noise cancellation.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, Max_Settings said:

AKG K712 Pro is very nice. Also HD650 is another good cheap headphone. 

What do you think about MMX 300/ Steelseries Arctis Pro with Gamedac and GSP 600 ? Anyone worth ?

4 hours ago, Sminka said:

What do you think about MMX 300/ Steelseries Arctis Pro with Gamedac and GSP 600 ? Anyone worth ?

Nope, all trash.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:22 AM, Max_Settings said:

Nope, all trash.

What is about DT 770 Pro ? The Price difference from the HD 650 and AKG 712 Pro are very high AKG (200 Euro) HD 650 (400). DT 770 cost here around 100 only. But i read a lot that the dt 770 is not "that" worth to buy as upgrade from the cloud II because the difference is not big