Out of these 4 headsets, which one would you pick?

NoctusT
Go to solution Solved by NoctusT,
23 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

the sennheiser openback should be really good

18 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

The sennheiser as I've had personal experience with it and it's a very good bang for the buck. 

Closed or open depends on person preference and only you can answer that. 

Thanks guys! I'll check whether I want open or closed back.

Hi so I have an Amazon gift card for $100. Since I need a new pair of headphones, I was wondering if you guys could help me pick between these 4 headphones? All 3 comes with mics so my only concern is audio quality and comfort.

1 & 2 Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back OR Open Back

3) beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus

4) beyerdynamic CUSTOM Game

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

The sennheiser as I've had personal experience with it and it's a very good bang for the buck. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

23 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

18 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Thanks guys! I'll check whether I want open or closed back.

1 hour ago, NoctusT said:

Hi so I have an Amazon gift card for $100. Since I need a new pair of headphones, I was wondering if you guys could help me pick between these 4 headphones? All 3 comes with mics so my only concern is audio quality and comfort.

1 & 2 Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back OR Open Back

3) beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus

4) beyerdynamic CUSTOM Game

Welcome to the forum, @NoctusT ... my vote (1) for comfort and some noise isolation. (2) for THAT open feeling.

2 hours ago, PrometheanCat-1970 said:

Welcome to the forum, @NoctusT ... my vote (1) for comfort and some noise isolation. (2) for THAT open feeling.

Thanks. So you feel like closed back are more comfortable? See I can sweat around my ears when wearing closed back headphones for a long time so I wanted to go with the open back over the closed back to allow for airflow. (And because I'm told that open back has better sound quality. Though I doubt that will be a problem with either headphone cuz sennheiser.

Another vote for the Sennheiser HDs.  I have the open back ones and they are very comfortable and sound amazing. ?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

The Sennheiser HD 598 open back can be hard to find.. at least for me. I'd choose the 598 Cs if you can get a good return policy on them if something breaks. The beyerdynamic headphones are closed so your ears will get hot after long periods of wearing. The 598 open back headphones are open so your ears can breathe better and not get as hot. 

Just now, zrmaxwell said:

The Sennheiser HD 598 open back can be hard to find.. at least for me. I'd choose the 598 Cs if you can get a good return policy on them if something breaks. The beyerdynamic headphones are closed so your ears will get hot after long periods of wearing. The 598 open back headphones are open so your ears can breathe better and not get as hot. 

Hey thanks for the input. Grabbed the SR's from Amazon since I have a $100 gift card.

7 minutes ago, NoctusT said:

Hey thanks for the input. Grabbed the SR's from Amazon since I have a $100 gift card.

Enjoy your purchase!