longest time not talking to another human?

zassou

as a antisocial guy i feel a bit uncomfortable to talk to strangers, just wrapping up a blender job and realize, i havent talk to anyone for a week.

havent bought anything online for awhile, went to the supermarket twice, uses phone to check out, and refuel my bike using phone as well. (paying w/o talking, check)

i have a small family, live locally, not much going on, only send a line of message or two on app, and everyone hates phone calls. (no family gossips, check)

communicate with clients either email, skype or telegram, few sentences and done. (no money bs, check)

and now im a bit afraid of buying things online, b/c had to deal with the mail guy.
they are nice ppl ofc but i dont want to bother them for miscellaneous things, they have to weather the elements to deliver my buck nine graphics card stand while im sleep 12 hours a day and have the same pay.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Schizoid personality disorder - lack of social interest, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment and epathy. Look it up. That's something I (used to) have. I wish I could live like you, but I have a fulltime job in IT support. I only interact with people I know.

I try to avoid calling, going out to stores and just talking to people in general. There's a lot of stuff I want to say, but people would just call me weird if I do.

And yeah.. I drive a couple KMs just to refuel at an automated gas station (pay without interacting with anyone).

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

I have a bit of social anxiety, though it has gotten much better over the last couple years since I dealt with being overweight by committing to a gym routine and getting fairly fit. That made a world of difference for my confidence in social situations, however large crowds still make me skittish. I'm the kind of guy who likes to hang out near the wall when in a room full of people.

I work as a desktop support tech for a small local business, so I don't have to interact with many people face-to-face. Mostly remotely or over phone.

As for longest time spent not talking to another human, I'd say it was a solid 2 weeks a few years ago when I was going through a very rough patch.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Two weeks.

I was on vacation and it was wonderful. Just me, a camera and a walk in the wilderness.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Not long enough.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Went about 5 days without speaking a word

Was kind of a dark time in life I guess. Glad I came out of it for the better

I also tend to get tired by social interaction in person. Online - its kind of fine. But I too go out of my way to avoid calling someone over the phone - would prefer a chat message or an email

Its not healthy that is for sure, humans need interactions with other humans and no not via electronics, but face to face. Only more problems will arise in the coming decades to follow as the populations grow up.

It is best to join a group like on meetup.com or better yet talk to complete strangers to get out of that funk. Like traffic or weather or that football game.

When problems develop young in life, it gets exaggerated later in life, even in the early 20's.

Technology is to blame!

went a few months without any communication, apart from family (unless reddit or ltt counts). no clue how it didn't bother me, because now it does intensely. it's affected me enough that i'm just too reserved 

5 years, perks of living alone.

lul

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, razaldo said:

I also tend to get tired by social interaction in person. Online - its kind of fine. But I too go out of my way to avoid calling someone over the phone - would prefer a chat message or an email

Agreed, face to face interaction can really drain my energy.

Online, I'll talk for days.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I wish the people around me would stop talking to me... My life would be fare more pleasant...

24 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Its not healthy that is for sure, humans need interactions with other humans and no not via electronics, but face to face. Only more problems will arise in the coming decades to follow as the populations grow up.

It is best to join a group like on meetup.com or better yet talk to complete strangers to get out of that funk. Like traffic or weather or that football game.

When problems develop young in life, it gets exaggerated later in life, even in the early 20's.

Technology is to blame!

It skips to the part required:

Simply put you actually don't need face to face iterations you simply need human interaction of any type. Watch a vlog of someone you find attractive and boom your social requirements are basically meet. Not saying don't go out and all that (home air is several times worst than outside), but it is 100% not needed to talk to people you do not know irl. Trust me... I would know, and is why I go downtown Toronto on a weekly bases and make it a priority to walk at least 1-2 times a day, never once talking to someone unless I want to (usually ordering coffee, which half the time I don't have to say a word :P)

14 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

Schizoid personality disorder - lack of social interest, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment and epathy. Look it up. That's something I (used to) have. I wish I could live like you, but I have a fulltime job in IT support. I only interact with people I know.

I try to avoid calling, going out to stores and just talking to people in general. There's a lot of stuff I want to say, but people would just call me weird if I do.

And yeah.. I drive a couple KMs just to refuel at an automated gas station (pay without interacting with anyone).

You're like me then xD

I have seen it referred to as being a "closet" schizoid but I prefer to just call it "high functioning" as I have almost all the "symptoms" you've mentioned above but also had a full time job in IT as well where I had to interact with people on a daily basis.

I call it "high functioning" because even though I detest human contact except for immediate family and my wife, I acknowledge that this isn't how people are "supposed" to be so I just grit my teeth and push through it. I would put on my cheery/helpful face every time I was at work but I never hung out with my coworkers or had any friends outside of work acquaintances that I had to interact with. Outside of immediate family and my wife, the moment I stop talking to you is the moment I no longer give a shit, our ties are broken at that point until I'm forced to remake them.

I lived by myself for a 3 year period and while I lived in that apartment the only other person who ever set foot in it was my wife (girlfriend at the time). She lived a fair distance away so due to conflicting schedules there was a time where we didn't see each other for around 8 months and I never had in person contact with anyone I wasn't required (as in paid to) in that time frame.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

Simply

I would trust what a professional pyschiatrist, pyschologist or behavioral scientist would have to say.

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I would trust what a professional pyschiatrist, pyschologist or behavioral scientist would have to say.

They'll say anything to get you in the door ? Which is why I wouldn't trust them for precise advice... (however there are online mental boards with such people for free, usually) There is enough data out there (from scientists, including behavioral) for free to know how to stimulate your personal requirements under the social category that if all someone needs is a how to avoid mental issues due to being an antisocial kind of person in nature. That is why you can easily find out how to stimulate/get Dopamine, Endorphin and Oxytocin w/o even needing to interact with people...

A psychologist would literally suck you dry of all your money since you'd be a returning client, with possibly weekly 1+ hour long sessions at $200+/hr. Which btw might help some, but won't help most, and depending where you live and work might not be covered.

4 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

I wish the people around me would stop talking to me...

)

im not quite get it, do you mean it somehow connects to breast feeding?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

2 hours ago, zassou said:

im not quite get it, do you mean it somehow connects to breast feeding?

I actually used the video to show Canada Eh you don't need physical human interaction to produce the required chemicals to keep your mental health healthy. Granted there are more than just oxytocin that gets released into your brain by interacting with people, but if you have a pet you can actually live w/o human interaction for a long time. (If possible avoid cats since they are not exactly social creatures, rabbits are actually good pets if you can't handle/have a dog)

While nothing beats human interaction, for people like you or I and many others, we need to find the best way around it and make the best of what we've got around us ?

As for the mailman, no worries they should hate socializing since it slows them down(they could get into trouble for being too slow), the worst they'd do is ask for id and a signature, then say have a nice day. All you have to do is either smile and say thank you or smile and say same to you. It's not much, but trust me it'll make their day much better and you'll feel just as good even if the whole thing was awkward to you ;)

8 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Technology is to blame!

Get out of that funk? That’s like telling someone with depression to “just cheer up”. There are many people, myself included, who don’t necessarily feel comfortable talking in person, or simply don’t find these interactions to be beneficial. Online interactions can be better for us socially. Just because you enjoy in-person interactions doesn’t mean they’re perfect for everyone. And technology being to blame? I agree with you that technology has provided a route for people to talk other places than in person. But think about it. Before technology, if you were “nerdy”, what did you do? You talked with your own small group with shared interests. Now, we do the same, but through the internet. There really hasn’t been a change in the way humans interact. Except social media, however. I do have a lot of issues with social media. And here’s the thing. The younger generation, my generation, is different from yours. We express ourselves differently. We act differently. And we connect differently. Just because we operate in a different way from you doesn’t mean it’s bad. The human race is undergoing a change, and in my opinion it’s for the better. Don’t let your personal opinions and prejudices temper your judgements of others’ behavior.

6 hours ago, Canada EH said:

My psychologist, who has a PHD, informed me that certain people do indeed have social anxiety or simply don’t feel the need to interact socially at all. So there you have it.

it's time

• 2 weeks later...

I think "functioning" people like Canada EH tend to think lacking face to face interaction is bad, or depressed, suicidal even. Not for me. 

The fact is i will feel REALLY bad if i go to a American sty]led meet-up or support group, sitting in a circle and puke out all your embarrassing stuff. Like taking nude photos, but worse. 

On 10/19/2018 at 8:38 PM, Canada EH said:

a bunch of weird theories made up in the 19th century by some dudes who wanted to scam rich and naive nobles aren't something really trustworthy tbh, yes you can dope yourself but that won't make the problems just dissapear, the pills just block important parts of your brain so you can't think about your problems.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I have Asperger's syndrome, which makes me pretty antisocial, so a lot of the things @zassou there says sound all too familiar; I don't like interacting with other people IRL, I much prefer textual communications. I don't like small-talk, I only say something if I have something to actually say, otherwise I'm quiet. I don't talk with my family-members other than my mum, and even with her I only talk on the phone once a week or two; I do have two brothers and three sisters, but meh, I just have no interest in being in contact with them. It's not that I have anything against them, I just...I don't have any reason to interact with them, either. I try to avoid going to supermarkets in the first place, but whenever I eventually have to go buy food, I either go early in the morning while everyone else is at work, or late in the evening, when everyone's already setting down for the night.

Hell, I don't even leave my house unless I have to, otherwise I'd be happy being inside 24/7/365.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:56 AM, Canada EH said:

Its not healthy that is for sure, humans need interactions with other humans and no not via electronics, but face to face.

Projections. No proper research backs that claim up. Also, not everyone is the same; neurotypical people do get more out of social-interaction in general than e.g. us Aspies.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

research

There is tons and tons of research to back that up.