Hard Drive WON'T FORMAT!

Cyguns

Im trying to install a clean copy of Windows 10 on my laptop but the installation always errors. I decided to cleaned my disk first in command prompt and made it GPT. Then I created a primary partition then formatted it to NTFS but it's just stays at 0% when formatting. Why is this and how can I fix this?

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

i understand the cleaning part,but why are you formatting it if your just going to install windows where it does its own formatting?

It says it can't locate or make a new partition when I try to install windows on it.

I wanted a clean installation of Windows until I encountered a error saying it can't install required files and tells me to make sure the files are available. I tried cleaning the disk but it still errors. What do I do?

image.jpg

5 hours ago, Cyguns said:

I wanted a clean installation of Windows (...)

...and now you know that was bad idea. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Use another computer to install Windows using proper installation media or ask some of your friends with more knowledge to help. Is hard to fix/help at this level without spending hours to learn basic stuff (how to prepare drive, how to prepare usb etc).

7 hours ago, homeap5 said:

...and now you know that was bad idea. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Use another computer to install Windows using proper installation media or ask some of your friends with more knowledge to help. Is hard to fix/help at this level without spending hours to learn basic stuff (how to prepare drive, how to prepare usb etc).

My Windows on the drive was corrupted so I wanted to just reinstall since it doesn't have important data. I loaded the USB using Windows Media Creation Tool and deleted all partitions. It errors again and agian so I cleaned it using command prompt to clean and and converted it to a GPT. Then I created a primary partition.

6 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

My Windows on the drive was corrupted so I wanted to just reinstall since it doesn't have important data. I loaded the USB using Windows Media Creation Tool and deleted all partitions. It errors again and agian so I cleaned it using command prompt to clean and and converted it to a GPT. Then I created a primary partition.

Drive format (MBR or GPT) must match BIOS settings.

Maybe because I dropped it but I was able to read and write on the drive before I tried to install Windows on it.

you need to be careful to HDD if dropped it will damage the disk inside even you detect it you can't format seriously that my experience when i work at computer technician shop.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2018 at 2:11 AM, keny said:

you need to be careful to HDD if dropped it will damage the disk inside even you detect it you can't format seriously that my experience when i work at computer technician shop.

Okay, thanks!