Xfinity ISP, Netgear router/modem combo, NAT type issue

Mrodri01

I'm starting a competitive gaming team and wanted to set up a small gaming center at my home with 3-4 playstation 4's. I currently have two of them connected on the network. One of them shows an open NAT Type the other shows a strict nat type. We can't party chat despite being in the same home and on the same network. It is becoming so unbearable that we have trouble even joining lobbies with other players. No matter what combo I try (both hardwired, or one hardwired/one wifi) I still cannot get both of them to have an open nat type. I can imagine the problem will get worse once I connect the other two PS4s to the network.

My current ISP :comcast Xfinity (get about 750 mbps)

Router Modem: Netgear AC1900 nighthawk docsis 3.0 modem router

I've tried opening ports, enabling UPnP, pretty much anything that I've read on the internet.

If anyone has any way that I can solve this issue and can walk me through it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Can't believe it's 2018, we've got a guy sending cars into space and NAT type issues are a thing. Seems like it plagues so many people on the internet these days.

The problem is that from a NAT point of view you can only have one ps4 on the network being open NATed but you should still be able to use most things

7 hours ago, Mrodri01 said:

I'm starting a competitive gaming team and wanted to set up a small gaming center at my home with 3-4 playstation 4's. I currently have two of them connected on the network. One of them shows an open NAT Type the other shows a strict nat type. We can't party chat despite being in the same home and on the same network. It is becoming so unbearable that we have trouble even joining lobbies with other players. No matter what combo I try (both hardwired, or one hardwired/one wifi) I still cannot get both of them to have an open nat type. I can imagine the problem will get worse once I connect the other two PS4s to the network.

My current ISP :comcast Xfinity (get about 750 mbps)

Router Modem: Netgear AC1900 nighthawk docsis 3.0 modem router

I've tried opening ports, enabling UPnP, pretty much anything that I've read on the internet.

If anyone has any way that I can solve this issue and can walk me through it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Can't believe it's 2018, we've got a guy sending cars into space and NAT type issues are a thing. Seems like it plagues so many people on the internet these days.

Like stated above is an issue with NAT. You only get 1 IPv4 address and it has to be shared. The only way around this is to pay for additional addresses. Which is iffy, because not all areas allow this practice on a residential connection and again you have to lease those addresses. OH and if you do that you have to use their gateway because they are static IP addresses and they wont support 3rd party modems, at least from what I have read. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.