140mm fan on 120mm case

Snifferdog3

Hey guys. I have a idea but not sure if it will work. I have a rear fan that's led lit and a front fan that's led lit. I can't see the front fans lights at all so I was wandering if I could swap one of the side panel fans with the led lit one. But the side fan is 120mm and the front fan is 140mm. So will that work or not? I don't think it will as one is too small and one too big but if it will work that would be cool! Case is a cooler master storm scout. Thanks :)

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

side panels are dual 120mm only ._. and no indicators if there are 120mm mounting holes for the front

if you want to make it work it'll probably require a drill, so...

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/scout/

https://techgage.com/article/cooler_master_storm_scout_mid-tower/

Lol I guess that's That out the window haha. Thanks for the response!

13 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

If the panel allows 140mm fans, and the front allows 120mm fans, yeah. If not, no. Which case?

Cooler master storm scout

On 10/17/2018 at 10:12 AM, PacketMan said:

I'm sorry, as @VegetableStu said, no mounting holes for that swap, try finding out why the front leds don't work, or swap it with the back one. Good luck!

Oh no, the LEDs do work. It's just I cant see them because there behind the HDDs, so I was going to move it to somewhere where I could see them. But it doesn't matter that much. Thanks for the response :)