Boot drive won't load

MartinSkr

So, i've got two computers and recently thought i'd be nice to have it up and running as a fresh pc. I found this old ext. USB Harddrive and tried to install windows 10. I inserted the flash drive in an USB port in my old pc. Booted it and it said it couldn't find a boot drive.
I thought it was the hard drive type not able to work as a boot drive, since it said something along the lines. So I went out and bought a brand new internal 1TB hard drive.
I connected it to my primary pc, installed the hard drive. Installed windows 10. I put the driver inside my secondary pc, and booted it up. Still nothing. 
Then I tried connecting both hard drive to my seconday pc and from there install the boot drive. To my own suprise, my primary HDD in my secondary PC works for some reason. I realized my pc can't find the disc itself and thought something with outdated hardware and new hard drives wasn't compatible? 
I installed windows 10 once again. Shut it off. Unplugged my primary HDD and turned on my secondary PC. Nothing.
So i've given up trying to pretend being a tech geek. Now i need real help. 
Thank you^^

so you have a usb with win 10 boot media on it and you get it to run the boot media and lets you choose what drive you want to format and install windows too, but after its done it wont boot into windows is that right? have you tried going into the bios and set the boot drive to be the first drive to boot from? 

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL