Harmony hub to control air conditioner

Strayan_Hades

Hi,

I'm just wondering if I'm able to program my Harmony hub to control my Mitsubishi spiit system as well as my Living room home theatre?

Cheers.

So, as weird as this may sound. It may be possible. A/C remotes are pretty basic and only require IR signal. I have actually had air conditioners before (window unit) that my random LG tv remote seemed to control power, and fan speed with like the #7 on the pad and like volume down or something. Weird. If you can find the codes they use. Then you can just program the buttons on the remote for that code. PITA but it might be able to be done. Unless you set it up on a smart plug/switch and just want it to power on/off with your remote, but it needs to be able to auto power on when plugged in essentially.

5 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

So, as weird as this may sound. It may be possible. A/C remotes are pretty basic and only require IR signal. I have actually had air conditioners before (window unit) that my random LG tv remote seemed to control power, and fan speed with like the #7 on the pad and like volume down or something. Weird. If you can find the codes they use. Then you can just program the buttons on the remote for that code. PITA but it might be able to be done. Unless you set it up on a smart plug/switch and just want it to power on/off with your remote, but it needs to be able to auto power on when plugged in essentially.

Yeah, similar to product like the sensibo.