gta 5 rollback

G_K

How do you go back to a old version of GTA 5 because i can't use mods because gta 5 has been updated steam 

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

do a system restore

This only works if he create an image so I doubt he wants to do this. Also his other files can break or dissapear

Just now, Lordclouds said:

This only works if he create an image so I doubt he wants to do this. Also his other files can break or dissapear

do you know what system restore is

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't think System Restore keeps track of game updates because Steam game updates don't trigger the usual things that cause the OS to automatically create a restore point.

then just go to a nearby one

11 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I also don't think System Restore keeps snapshots of the entire drive, just what's important to keeping the system in a stable configuration.

basically everything in the system and program folders so it should reset the game, the only thing it doesn't effect are manually moved files

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

basically everything in the system and program folders so it should reset the game, the only thing it doesn't effect are manually moved files

Only some files in Program Files are kept around. It's designed to keep the system alive, not user installed apps. It may restore user installed apps that have changed, but from what I've read it's a crapshoot at best.

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Only some files in Program Files are kept around. It's designed to keep the system alive, not user installed apps. It may restore user installed apps that have changed, but from what I've read it's a crapshoot at best.

I've never seen system restore leave the program files folder alone regardless of whats in it. it's what keeps the machine recoverable if the user installs a crippling program.

1 hour ago, Brandon Knibbs said:

How do you go back to a old version of GTA 5 because i can't use mods because gta 5 has been updated steam

You can't mod multiplayer and when did GTA 5's story mode get updated?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 12:43 AM, A Random Dude said:

You can't mod multiplayer and when did GTA 5's story mode get updated?

never i do story modding like redux mods and ironman mod

1 hour ago, Brandon Knibbs said:

never i do story modding like redux mods and ironman mod

Precisely. The story mode was never updated, only the multiplayer was updated. Thus, those mods are still going to work on the story mode of GTA 5. You just need to follow ALL the directions given to you.