CrystalDiskInfo Shows Caution on my D drive

Cyanide
Go to solution Solved by Cyanide,
2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's kind of hard to say, which is why we recommend you pull things ASAP.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that right away.

I've been experiencing some hang up on my system as of late and I wanted to figure out if my C drive was failing.Turns our the C drive seems okay, however, my D drive shows a caution sign as the health status. (I'll attach the info of both drives just in case)

Capture.PNG

Capture0.PNG

1 minute ago, Cyanide said:

I've been experiencing some hang up on my system as of late and I wanted to figure out if my C drive was failing.Turns our the C drive seems okay, however, my D drive shows a caution sign as the health status. (I'll attach the info of both drives just in case)

Capture.PNG

Capture0.PNG

Your HDD seems to have defective sector. The disk can still be used but more sectors will eventually go defect.

If you have very important files, time to do a back up

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's one of the signs that the drive is about to die. You should back up your data while you can still access it.

okay got it, don't have a lot of critical data there just steam, uplay and origin games. So is the drive gonna die in a week or month? I know you guys can't know for certain but how bad is 200 sectors for reference?

3 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

okay got it, don't have a lot of critical data there just steam, uplay and origin games. So is the drive gonna die in a week or month? I know you guys can't know for certain but how bad is 200 sectors for reference?

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that right away.