Best Starter Mechanical Keyboard

UBatcha

Im in the UK and my budet is around £100 max and I'm trying to find a good, reliable mechanical keyboard

Quickfire XT and Corsair K70 are the 2 I've seen so far but I would love a second opinion with someone who already owns one

A Logitech G610 with Cherry MX Browns

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

16 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

A Logitech G610 with Cherry MX Browns

Why tho, Mx browns are prob the worst switches. They don't even deserve to be called tactile, basically just a scratchy red switch. 

The corsair k70 is meh, the key caps are absolutely shit (Thin laser ablated painted abs) and it has a non standard bottom row. Also the cables pretty bad and some units even have coil whine. 

4 hours ago, b emoji said:

Why tho, Mx browns are prob the worst switches. They don't even deserve to be called tactile, basically just a scratchy red switch. 

That's your opinion, not a fact! 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Steelseries has really good keyboards if you want something cheap and simple
I myself use a corsair k70 lux cherry red switches

Try to look for blue or red switches if you want something gamerish 

Lawrence,

10 hours ago, Fearness said:

Steelseries has really good keyboards if you want something cheap and simple
I myself use a corsair k70 lux cherry red switches

Try to look for blue or red switches if you want something gamerish 

Lawrence,

Why blue switches? They have a lot of hysteresis. Red, and silent reds are ok.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:08 AM, UBatcha said:

Im in the UK and my budet is around £100 max and I'm trying to find a good, reliable mechanical keyboard

Quickfire XT and Corsair K70 are the 2 I've seen so far but I would love a second opinion with someone who already owns one

Try the https://www.wooting.nl Wooting keyboard. They're analog and optical. They're so much better than Mx red and Mx black as they are much smoother than the modern cherry crap. 

Mechanical keyboards aren't as good as membrane keyboards. They cost more and take longer to register the click. Real gamers use membrane keyboards. They feel and sound better anyway.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:08 AM, UBatcha said:

some unbranded chinese mechanical keyboard, cost 1/10 of your budget. worth a try

17 hours ago, b emoji said:

@r2724r16 probably the guy doesn't even know what a keyboard look like or he's trolling badly.

Have you tried any other tactile switch? Compare Zealios or alps brown to cherry mx brown and you'll see the difference. Theres many rubber domes that feel better than mx brown like Topre and BKE domes. 

25 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

@r2724r16 probably the guy doesn't even know what a keyboard look like or he's trolling badly.

Have you tried any other tactile switch? Compare Zealios or alps brown to cherry mx brown and you'll see the difference. Theres many rubber domes that feel better than mx brown like Topre and BKE domes. 

3 minutes ago, b emoji said:

I ve never said they are the best as i myself have tested many switches. Right now i am writing in KBtalking browns probably by Greetech. However cherry browns are among the best tactile switches and switches generally. From all the switches you mentioned zealios are pretty good but not better than browns and topre are superior(a bit subjective due to much different kind of switch) but in another category from mx browns.

1 hour ago, Settlerteo said:

I ve never said they are the best as i myself have tested many switches. Right now i am writing in KBtalking browns probably by Greetech. However cherry browns are among the best tactile switches and switches generally. From all the switches you mentioned zealios are pretty good but not better than browns and topre are superior(a bit subjective due to much different kind of switch) but in another category from mx browns.

Tbh its very subjective but mx brown feels very grainy and not well defined compared to the competition. Atleast they're better than Cherry My