forum post reporting data

mr moose

There's no interface for computing that value, and I don't think it would be right for me to calculate it directly because at the end of the day it is moderation data, and although it seems interesting on the surface I'm not sure how much you'd actually learn from it because often a report can relate to multiple posts, and sometimes multiple posts are reported for the same issue.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not sure how much you'd actually learn from it because often a report can relate to multiple posts, and sometimes multiple posts are reported for the same issue.

Good point, I'd still be interested to know though.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

id want to see it just because it would be kinda fun, but i can see why its not available. id love to know how good i am at reporting the right things tho :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id want to see it just because it would be kinda fun, but i can see why its not available. id love to know how good i am at reporting the right things tho :P

I hadn't thought about the reverse, how much my reports mean in the grand scheme of things.  To be honest I am happy to let the mods do their job, if my reports come to nothing then that is just life and I can accept that, if they result in the removal of content, then that to me would only mean I am not alone in thinking whatever I reported was out of line with the CoC. 

At the end of the day I think I might be more interested to know I have valuable content to add to the forum rather than just words.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 10/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, manikyath said:

people can report your posts basicly at will, if they feel like their perfect little bubble has been impacted by your statement.

You may even report your own posts to get them deleted/locked (e.g. when double posting bug hits, thread becoming instantly obsolete, duplicate news topic, etc).

On 10/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, manikyath said:

ZX spectrum was obviously way better ;)

/thread

7 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

You can start keeping count manually :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

33 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You can start keeping count manually :D

Hard to keep track of removed threads :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Hard to keep track of removed threads :P

Create a text document of essentially tally marks.

Add one for a thread that gets reported, and one for when a thread you reported gets removed/locked/whatever. :P

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Create a text document of essentially tally marks.

Add one for a thread that gets reported, and one for when a thread you reported gets removed/locked/whatever. :P

that's some serious dedication to working out something that is little more than a trivial interest.