Plex app not on LG store

IgorM

I've a Plex server running on my local network and I want to download the app for my LG 32LJ600B but it doesn't show up on the content store (I live in Brazil). The only way to watch movies is using dlna, without subtitles showing and other issues. What can I do??

The Plex app is definitely available for that TV (which uses WebOS 3.5 I believe), unless it's not available in Brazil. 

You could try changing the location you've got the TV set to if you can. 

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The Plex app is definitely available for that TV (which uses WebOS 3.5 I believe), unless it's not available in Brazil. 

You could try changing the location you've got the TV set to if you can. 

I did change the location but still the app doesn't show up. Not all countries are available on the menu though. I also tried to upgrade the firmware but no luck.

19 minutes ago, IgorM said:

I did change the location but still the app doesn't show up. Not all countries are available on the menu though. I also tried to upgrade the firmware but no luck.

If the App isn't there at all, then it's likely a region lock, or you have an older TV than I'm thinking it is. 

You could try contacting LG support to confirm it is region locked. I can't find anything saying it is though. 

If you can play them through DLNA, you may have to hardcode in the subtitles you want as a last resort. 

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You could try contacting LG support to confirm it is region locked. I can't find anything saying it is though. 

I will.

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you can play them through DLNA, you may have to hardcode in the subtitles you want as a last resort. 

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid that. What software would you recommend?

Also I forgot to mention but I'm running it on a orange pi, so I can connect in to the TV. The problem is that it will be running on WiFi and I didn't find a way to run a Plex client smoothly on it.

5 minutes ago, IgorM said:

I will.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid that. What software would you recommend?

Also I forgot to mention but I'm running it on a orange pi, so I can connect in to the TV. The problem is that it will be running on WiFi and I didn't find a way to run a Plex client smoothly on it.

Not too familiar with video encoding software, so can't offer much advise there I'm afraid. 

I've used Handbrake a couple of times when I need to change a couple of things in a video file, so maybe have a look at that.