Why did you buy an iPhone?

LinusTech
11 hours ago, LinusTech said:

So my iPhone Xs video ended up being a rant about the things that bug me about the iPhone experience. It wasn't intentional, but that's what it was.

I was kind of thinking a nice accompanying piece would be 10 GREAT Reasons you Should Buy an iPhone. I'll start with a couple:

- Apple legitimately takes end-user security seriously. They don't have a perfect track record here, but they can also be credited with creating pressure on other industry players to move in this direction.

- Device support - Batterygate notwithstanding, Apple's track record for phone support is untouchable. Show me one company that provides phone OS updates more consistently and for longer than apple.

*** I don't really want to hear from the Android owners here. I want to hear from current iPhone users - For bonus points, please list what iPhone you're currently using and why you are using that particular one ***

Reasons i bought/use an iPhone: 

1. Better application support. For some reason, when app developers update their apps, it gets sent to Apple iPhones first.  

2. Incredible software support. Apple updates a current iPhone (from the time of release) for 5 years, and that includes software and security updates.

3. Ease of Use. I have used an android phone before and after i switched to an iphone for the first time, i thought to myself: wow, this is pretty straightforward, and way easier to use when compared to my old android phone. And you know what, i am 99.9% sure that i am right when i say that iPhones are way easier to use when compared to an android phone. 

4. iTunes integration. When i first started using iTunes, i had just an iPod, no iPhone. Heck, my first real cell phone was the HTC One X (hated that phone now that i look back on it) I love how when you plug in the lightning cable into a computer and into your iPhone, iTunes pops up and starts syncing all of my music and things to my iphone without having to push a button. 

5. Apps are more polished on iPhone. A person would think that the same app would run the same on either an iPhone or an Android phone right? Wrong. Apple has strict guidelines for app developers to follow so that the application they are developing has to be compatible with future software versions, and that they run smoothly etc. etc.

6. Android throttling is a thing.. And it is bad in my opinion. Apple's software throttling is not near as bad as what Google does. Now Apple does the software throttle thing to keep the battery from plummeting and so you are able to use your phone still. When Google throttles a phone, it is really bad. You have software and app bugs galore if you have an outdated android software version. 

7. Security in general. The folks at Apple take privacy very seriously, especially the CEO Tim Cook. He has said in the past that security is the main reason iOS is around or something along those lines (correct me if i am wrong).. but you get my point, they have team probably dedicated to building and perfecting all these security measures and software enhancements all for the purpose of making your phone safer and safer every time a security update comes around. 

I am using an iPhone 6 Plus and all the reasons listed above are why i use an IPhone. 

Option to use different services. A big factor for me is that I can still use all of my Google services on an iOS device, so while I'm using an iPhone, I'm not relying on services like iCloud or iTunes, rather I'm using Google services like Google Drive and Google Photos and streaming services like Spotify. Also by organising my files in this way, I have relative freedom to swap back to Android if I want (probably won't), if I were to rely on Apple's services that make it a lot harder transition mobile operating system.

Performance. The smoothness of the UI and general responsiveness of the phone, even after many iOS updates my iPhone never slows down like my old Samsung did. The Samsung after updating to Lollypop would not function properly due to a lack of RAM, the phone just turned sluggish.

iPad, I haven't been super impressed with any Android tablets so for me if I'm getting a tablet  the iPad is the logical choice, plus I then have consistency between my iPad and iPhone so if any services that were using iCloud or a similar Apple service everything would be on both my iPad and iPhone.

iMessage, shallow I know, but iMessage has been pretty useful, some of my former employers ran business related group chats through iMessage and so had I not had iMessage it would have been harder to know what the team's plans were for the day and where to meet up. You can't always rely on others filling you in on all the details you missed because you don't have iMessage. Also iMessage has a great sync feature between devices and it always feels nice while using my iPad to reply to a message without having to grab my phone. Underrated feature considering there's not real universal standard message sync feature on Android.

Lack of Bloatware, I know there are some useless Apple pre-installed apps but for the most part, everything has it's purpose and they've recently changed it so that you can now uninstall 'non-essential apps'. It's a far cry for the usual bloatware on Samsung devices.

Premium feel. All of the stock apps on iOS have a premium quality feel to them, Messages is obviously simple but pleasant to use. Contacts and Phone are again simple but are just pleasant to use and they all share a similar design language. They do what they do well. I've had bad experiences in the past with some Android messengers and it feels like I get short-changed because of the quality and visual appeal of messages. Also syncing messages between device.

Easy backups. Although I find iTunes integration itself is a reason to stay away from iOS, they do make it very easy to backup your files and restoring is usually a hassle-free experience. Wi-Fi sync is also a nice feature.

Obvious Answer: Longevity. I bought an iPhone for the longevity of their devices. Apple deploys iOS updates for devices many years after they have released and certainly show more support for older devices than most Android manufacturers. And funnily enough, a lot of iOS updates actually improve the speed of their older devices. The way I see it, I can buy an iPhone (currently using the 7) and given that I look after it, it can be very usable for many years to come. I don't want to spend money and upgrade my phone every two years or so and with an iPhone I'm given that freedom.

The lightning port. Yes I know but the truth is, at least here in Australia, if you need to charge your phone, you're more likely to come across someone with at least 1 lightning cable for you over a Micro-USB or USB-C. It seems petty but there's been several occasions where I've been low on battery and having an iPhone meant I was able to charge, there had been times when using an Android and no one has a micro-usb cable around and so I had to go without.

Bonus point. The Podcast app is really great, I could never find a Podcast app on Android that had the same range as Apple and the great design of the stock app. 

I've always mostly used iOS.  My first smartphone was an iPhone 3GS.  I loved it.  I've used my fair share of Android phones, but I have to admit I'm not huge on customization.  Like, cool, I can make the home screen do a barrel roll on Android... I don't care about that.  I use a few key smartphone apps, then just talking and texting.  I like iCloud cause even though I don't use a Mac, with the iCloud app installed on my PC, my files all sync.  I like that I've used iTunes for years back when iPods were all the rage, and how my music syncs across all devices, and Apple Music continues this also.  This is also including my iPad.  I've tried Windows, Android, Amazon tablets and I was never sold on the whole tablet idea until I got my iPad Air.  I don't buy smartphones very often with the exception of the iPhone 7 Plus I'm currently using.

Like Linus stated, software updates.  The iPhone 5S came out in 2013, and it still is getting software updates.  My Samsung Galaxy S5, by comparison, stopped at Marshmallow, iirc... Marshmallow was released in 2015. Also, I gotta admit I like the security.

Now as my iPhone 7 Plus I mentioned... I was using an 32GB iPhone SE.  I liked it.  I just wanted something with a bigger screen.  My boss gave me an amazing deal on his old 256GB iPhone 7 Plus, one I couldn't pass up.  

So the TL;DR:

• The OS has what I really care or want out of a smartphone OS
  • Has the apps I want
  • The Ecosystem and how everything just sync across everything
  • The long-term support
  • The security

And also, I'm using my 7 Plus because I got it for less than what they're going for on average on eBay right now, used, of course. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

11 hours ago, Surpuppa said:

They then updated Android so that there was the Google Play Store, and the old Android Store(?) which I had on my phone wasnt supported anymore

I think you were referring to the Android Market, in 2012 Google re-branded it as the Google Play Store.

1. my 1st smartphone was an iphone 4. I think that's what got me hooked.
  2. iOS is better than android, does it lack customization? yes. does it look boring? yes. But it just works.
    1. used multiple android devices before, nexus 5, nexus 6p samsung something I couldn't remember the name, the phones themselves are great but the software experience is awful. So many small bugs that you will run into eventually. Do I miss the freedom you can have when you use an android device? Yes. Do I want to deal with the buggy OS and use it full time? No. It feels like a toy to me.
  3. customer support. a lot of samsung and other brands customer support sucks. 
  4. works really well with macs
  5. OS updates. iphone6 can still get iOS 12 , and it makes the phone run faster. How many phones are running android pie? 
  6. Battery life, I have no idea why so many people complain about battery life on iphone. From all the android devices I have used, not one of them , can stop battery from draining more than 5% when you are not charging it overnight. 
  7. I have no idea what some of the android apps are doing on my cellphone. A lot of apps required to READ your messages, in order to work. Like why would I agree to that??

Linus I promise you you won't run into any weird bugs when using google's app on iOS. I never run into ONE app that constantly "bugging" me on iOS. Not even once. Starting from iphone 4.

A couple of cons of iphone: 

1. once you got hooked, you tend to stay in it forever

2. it is getting more and more expensive

I am using an iphone SE will continue using it until the phone dies on me. Very happy with its performance.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

why am I using an SE? 

1. Price. I came to a point that I just couldn't justify the price on higher ends iphone... 
  2. Performance. This phone is a iphone 6s with a smaller screen. everything else are identical
  3. Form factor. I like smaller phones. 
  4. I dislike the design of iphone 6,6+,6s,6s+

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Lots of reasons that basically boil down to “I don’t like Android”. I don’t like Android much on phones, but I REALLY don’t like Android on tablets. Apple makes the only really compelling tablet to me, and I like my phone to integrate with that. 

I know you think tablets are an “uncarryable” form factor, but my opinion is that they are the only carryable form factor - they don’t need cases, or even bags and can be stashed everywhere from the front pocket of a suitcase to an airline seat pocket. And of course easy to use and move around with in bed.

Therefore, despite owning a kicksss workstsrion, for day to day life my primary PC is my iPad and the integration between iOS devices is amazing. iMessage vs hangouts is no comparison, FaceTime is fantastic and much more stable than any competing solution, iBooks is a better reading experience etc. etc.

I also generally find taking photos a lot easier with an iPhone (I like the image processing and find the app simple and intuitive). 

Also iPhones generally have a greater variety of high quality accessories - If I want a high quality underwater housing for instance, I know I’m going to be able to find one for any model of iPhone. Not so on a HTC whatever. 

That said, I haven’t liked iOSs progression the last few years and I would leap at a competitive third party solution.

Also longevity and increasing price - my company gave me an IPhone XS max, and I made $2k selling it on eBay and keeping my still very good iPhone 7.

This is gonna be a bit of a long one, but let me preface by saying that whilst my daily driver is not an iPhone (I use a Galaxy Note8 as a daily), I have an iPad Pro 12.9" 2015 alongside lots of experience dealing with my sister's 5s and 8 Plus alongside my brother-in-law's 6 Plus (soon to be an X). I also have some experiences with iPhones ranging from the 4S all the way to the X.

However, even as an Android user myself, I wouldn't be lying if I said that I wasn't tempted by the iOS ecosystem more than ever. There's some reasons why, ranked in no particular order;

• Software support - Doesn't need much explanation. The iPhone 5s to date has had 5 OS upgrades plus patches in its lifetime since its release in 2013. Meanwhile, many high-end Android phones are still relying on a 2-3 year update timeline even after all this while despite the increasing capabilities of their devices. Sure, you can have them exceed 5 OS updates through custom firmware, although we'd be comparing apples vs oranges at this point as we're comparing official support versus unofficial ones.
  • Apps - Whilst many of the top apps on both iOS and Android are of great quality as of late, iOS just looks to have a higher number of quality apps. It doesn't matter too much for me but if I wanted to find a quality app, there's a higher chance of me finding it on iOS than on Android, particularly due to Apple's infamously strict guidelines on what is allowed on their store.
  • Security - Apple is by no means perfect but they're at least one of the very few who are taking steps to at the very least ensure that users know when their data is being used and for exactly what purposes.

Now, these are all reasons that we know of for a long time now, and they haven't been enough to sway me over to the Apple side. But the one reason why (and it's a very subjective one) is just because I'm getting bored of Android.

I've been using nothing but Android phones since the better part of 2011 and it's amazing to see how far it has come over these years. However, much like how iOS has plateaued and nothing new came out since, Android is becoming the same. They've both reached that maturity stage and it's at the point where as much as I like Android's flexibility and customization, the integration and software support timeframe of iOS has become more and more appealing when I'm now aiming to keep my phones for much longer. How Android OEMs seem to ape the worst of the iPhone rather than its hallmarks has also kinda irked me somewhat though not to a huge degree.

Of course, I'm not turning a blind eye to Apple's missteps. From throttling the performance of their phones to avoid sudden shutdowns from degraded batteries without telling users to removing the headphone jack and even the company itself stifling right to repair alongside an extortionately high entry cost, it's not exactly a clear cut move, especially since moving from Android to iOS and vice versa is quite a faff especially if you have tons of WhatsApp messages to move over. But coming from someone who has had a major prejudice against iPhones for a long time until recently, iOS just looks more tempting by the day.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

6 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I think you were referring to the Android Market, in 2012 Google re-branded it as the Google Play Store.

Ah yes, that is what I meant. It wasnt re-branded on my phone, since that required a phone update and there was none

Haven't bought yet, but I will be buying an iPhone 7 to replace my current Honor 8.

My main reasons for this are for it not having Google's OS and the nice UI. I am absolutely in love with the Honor's EMUI, which is a blatant copy on iOS. Sad fact is that Google tracks people way too much and on the mobile market your only options are Google and Apple. Otherwise your device isn't supported except for MAYBE, some major applications such as Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp.

Also some things that I adore are consinstent updates and good security.

To be honest only problem I have with iPhones is the price and how it is thought of as a status symbol. If you go to my school and ask them what they think of the iPhones, it's either "it sucks and is too expensive" or "It's the best it looks so cool".

Also calling the XR a budget phone is outrageous. 750 dollars for a "budget" phone? That gets you a flagship Android. Incredibly annoying. Budget = under $300, not $1000.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

13 hours ago, ElZamo92 said:

I buy iPhones because Android is absolute and complete GARBAGE, and Windows Phone is dead. Not to say that iPhone’s are free of criticism.

Edit: I own an iPhone 8 which has served me well for this past year, and I don’t plan on replacing it anytime soon. 

100% agree. IMHO, the only way to get a great Android experience is to unlock the boot loader on a phone and install custom ROMs free of ugly skins and bloatware. I did that with my Zuk Z2. 

Since I don’t want to deal with that bootloading unlocking nonesense, I bought a used iPhone 7 for way too much money 6 months ago and I am very pleased with it. 

If only phone companies could stop ruining Android with ugly themes and lacklustre updates I would consider an Android.

3 hours ago, Underi said:

Also calling the XR a budget phone is outrageous. 750 dollars for a "budget" phone? That gets you a flagship Android. Incredibly annoying. Budget = under $300, not $1000.

I interpret this different ways: 

- Android is so awful that Apple knows that they can charge whatever they want for their phones

- People never pay full price for their phones. That $750 phone is more like $400 with 2 year phone plan. Since phone plans are going down in price, people are more inclined to bundle their plan with a more expensive phone. 

- Just wait 1 year and a used/refurbished iPhone XR should $400~$500 which is much more approachable. 

Only for security purpose because its almost impossible to bypass unless you have the right equipment and knowledge.

The rest i'd prefer android

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

5 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

- Android is so awful that Apple knows that they can charge whatever they want for their phones

Hmmm...

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

I use Mac's and the iPhone just fits so well together, transferring photos through AirDrop is stupidly simple and works. 

Also the consistent user experience with everyone getting updates at the same time.

Resale value is also a big factor as Apple equipment seam to hold their value, for example a 1st Gen i5 Laptop, Windows you can expect to get £50-£70, MacBook Pro would be £250 - £300

I'm currently using an iPhone XS Max 64GB, I got this phone as I enjoy the larger form of the larger Android flagships but android has never been able to keep me happy for more than a year.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

My 5 year old iPhone 5s that I still use daily works on most of the latest apps excluding Fortnite, PUBG, and a few other harsher apps. It's 5 years old and gets support for apps and security probably the best way a 5 year old phone can get without hacking it. I do plan on jailbreaking it though. My top reason for buying an iPhone would be the support, not just Apple support which in experience has been phenomenal, but it was made powerful enough back then to not hold a candle to the iPhone XS in performance, but still be supported. To buy an XS or Xs Max I would say part of it would also be longetivity, they have basically the strongest phone CPU out of any phone, which reportedly the A11 from the X non S could rival an I5 in a Macbook, so in terms of what Apple can do with that for longetivity and intuition I am hopeful. Sorry for the rant, love you Linus no homo ❤️

Had a 4S, never broke never had a problem until Apple nerfed it with an OS update so I got a Samsung Galaxy S5. Android is easy to use love the memory expansion feature and the camera was very nice, but the phone itself broke 4 times in a variety of ways: first the charging port cover snapped off, which eventually led to moisture damage when I went on a trip to Florida (never got wet, just the moisture in the air was enough), that required a new board which meant replacing the screen as well. The replacement screen broke, which required yet another screen. The front-facing camera then popped off the screen, then the main camera's protective glass shattered on its own. Then the 2nd replacement screen cracked in half on its own in my pocket. Then more moisture damage somehow.

So I gave up and bought a 7, been good so far. I hate using iTunes, but at least I don't have to worry about the phone breaking in my pocket.

11 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:
  1. my 1st smartphone was an iphone 4. I think that's what got me hooked.
  2. iOS is better than android, does it lack customization? yes. does it look boring? yes. But it just works.
    1. used multiple android devices before, nexus 5, nexus 6p samsung something I couldn't remember the name, the phones themselves are great but the software experience is awful. So many small bugs that you will run into eventually. Do I miss the freedom you can have when you use an android device? Yes. Do I want to deal with the buggy OS and use it full time? No. It feels like a toy to me.
  3. customer support. a lot of samsung and other brands customer support sucks. 
  4. works really well with macs
  5. OS updates. iphone6 can still get iOS 12 , and it makes the phone run faster. How many phones are running android pie? 
  6. Battery life, I have no idea why so many people complain about battery life on iphone. From all the android devices I have used, not one of them , can stop battery from draining more than 5% when you are not charging it overnight. 
  7. I have no idea what some of the android apps are doing on my cellphone. A lot of apps required to READ your messages, in order to work. Like why would I agree to that??

Linus I promise you you won't run into any weird bugs when using google's app on iOS. I never run into ONE app that constantly "bugging" me on iOS. Not even once. Starting from iphone 4.

A couple of cons of iphone: 

1. once you got hooked, you tend to stay in it forever

2. it is getting more and more expensive

I am using an iphone SE will continue using it until the phone dies on me. Very happy with its performance.

I started off with an iPhone 4 too at 13 years old, two and a half years later I still have it, lost the password oops. Now I use a 5s on iOS 12.

Only real difference with overall how it handles is that the iPhone 4 I had to jailbreak to fully unlock it's battery. Before it would last 3 hours on a charge if I was lucky, after it'd last days. My 5s battery according to Apple needs to be replaced, it will stay at 1% for literal hours and lasts about 4 hours on a charge, so i'm screwed if I dont charge it overnight. My Android is the opposite on battery life. My Alcatel A30 ($60 phone) I can see exactly how much it's at and it won't say 35% then die immediately or stay at 1% for way too long. I can charge my android to 100% and not charge it for 2 days still using it some. A few reasons I use my iPhone over Android is that my Android is just confusing sometimes. I am a techie and on 99% of devices I can find anything in the settings first time using it. On my Android I could NOT find for the life of me to turn off weather pop ups from google and it's so infuriating I am getting mad just typing it without cursing. 

Two years ago, I opted to take advantage of an iPhone 7 Plus promo (in which the device was free after 24 months of service) and give an iPhone a shot. Having just come from a Nexus 6P / Galaxy S7, I figured it was time to give iOS a try.

Unfortunately I ended up not being a fan of the experience after multiple software issues that took too long to get updates for (quite legitimately the only thing that soiled my experience), but if I were to move back to iOS, the Apple Watch has me sold. It is legitimately the only wearable I've used that has actually felt like a competent sidekick to my phone, in what always felt smooth and lag free, decent enough battery life that I was never worried about it, seamless connectivity to my phone and notifications, and overall more pleasant user interface. 

If I could use an Apple Watch with my coming Pixel 3 XL, I would, but as it is, I'd need to shell out mucho money just to keep using my watch.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I use iPhone SE because it was at the time of purchase (and still is) the only small and powerful phone (small phone being under 4.5 inches here). iOS has all the apps I need so I have been very happy with it. Though when this phone kicks the dust I will probably get an Android device, the lack of headphone jack on the newer ones is a deal breaker.

Devices:

Desktop(s): Main Rig | CPU: R7 1700x, Ram: 16GB, GPU: GTX 1070 Ti

Server(s): My Server 

Laptop(s): Macbook Pro 13" (2015) 

Phone(s): iPhone SE (64GB), Nokia Lumia 925 

1 hour ago, Ya_Mi said:

Hmmm...

Honestly, yeah! Because the hardware on iPhones is nothing special. Well, the Apple SoCs are the best in the market but it’s not like the Snapdragon 835 or 845 are slouches either. Other phones have better screens, cameras and speakers. It’s like the only selling feature of an iPhone is iOS. 

One reason to prefer iphone other than Linus has already point out: whatever iphone have, its generally the top 2 in the industry. Good display, good speaker, best chipset, good camera, good app optimization.

ofc it has fked up moments such as the 'you are holding it wrong', but generally speaking, if an average person buys a iphone, he/she wont go wrong about it and seriously regret the purchase. However it might be the case if you choose a android device. like even some pixel device is fked up reading the comment from other ppl on this thread. but this probly wont happen on a iphone. 

I'm using an iPhone 4S, because I got it for free, I'm still using it because I have yet to find anything else for a good price.

(not really looking though)

Spoiler

(I love how this isn't in Phones and Tablets)

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

38 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

I'm using an iPhone 4S, because I got it for free, I'm still using it because I have yet to find anything else for a good price.

(not really looking though)

Reveal hidden contents

(I love how this isn't in Phones and Tablets)

So you're using an iPhone 4S, release in 2011 and which you can buy for around $50.

So for context at that time we had Android phones like:

• HTC Thunderbolt
  • Motorola Atrix
  • Samsung Galaxy s 4G
  • Google Nexus S
  • Motorola Droid X
  • HTC Inspire

I'd argue nearly all of those phones are pretty unusable these days and most $50 dollar Android phones would not be a functional as an iPhone 4S. This longevity of the iPhone is why I bought one. This proves it for me again.

32 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

So you're using an iPhone 4S, release in 2011 and which you can buy for around $50.

So for context at that time we had Android phones like:

• HTC Thunderbolt
  • Motorola Atrix
  • Samsung Galaxy s 4G
  • Google Nexus S
  • Motorola Droid X
  • HTC Inspire

I'd argue nearly all of those phones are pretty unusable these days and most $50 dollar Android phones would not be a functional as an iPhone 4S. This longevity of the iPhone is why I bought one. This proves it for me again.

There was also the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2, which I'd say are about as usable as an iPhone 4S nowadays, which is to say barely. I've honestly found the longevity of iPhones to be worse than most Androids in my experience, but that's probably cause I usually bought the equivalent or higher of a current gen iPhone when I was buying phones.

Tbh the main draw of Apple for me is increased optimization for apps. My Galaxy S7 currently lags its balls off just using Snapchat, whereas my friends iPhone 6 does just fine. I'm gonna guess either Snapchat has some sort of deal with Apple and intentionally slows it down on Android (not likely, but I could see it), or they just optimize it more for Apple cause of how common iPhones are.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540