Ubuntu 18.04. 1.. Laptop keyboard and track pad not working

I'm using a live usb of ubuntu 18.04. 1.. But I didn't get any login option.. It directly loaded the desktop.. But my laptop keyboard and track pad aren't working.. Only ext mouse is working.. That too only to move cursor. Please help

12 minutes ago, Uday_Sama said:

But I didn't get any login option..

That's the point of a live boot.

12 minutes ago, Uday_Sama said:

But my laptop keyboard and track pad aren't working.. Only ext mouse is working.. That too only to move cursor. Please help

Try

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-all

somehow, with either an external keyboard or the on-screen keyboard. Otherwise maybe https://askubuntu.com/questions/908918/updated-from-16-04-to-16-10-the-keyboard-and-mouse-no-longer-works-after-gettin can be of help.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

19 minutes ago, tikker said:

That's the point of a live boot.

Try

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-all

somehow, with either an external keyboard or the on-screen keyboard. Otherwise maybe https://askubuntu.com/questions/908918/updated-from-16-04-to-16-10-the-keyboard-and-mouse-no-longer-works-after-gettin can be of help.

That's the problem.. I'm unable to connect ext keyboard.. Mouse just moves.. Track pad doesn't work.. Where should I type commands? 

9 minutes ago, Uday_Sama said:

That's the problem.. I'm unable to connect ext keyboard.. Mouse just moves.. Track pad doesn't work.. Where should I type commands? 

Can you get to the settings? There should be an on-screen keyboard somewhere in the Universal Access options I think.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Just now, tikker said:

Can you get to the settings? There should be an on-screen keyboard somewhere in the Universal Access options I think.

Well... I can only move cursor.. But can't do anything else

2 minutes ago, Uday_Sama said:

Well... I can only move cursor.. But can't do anything else

You can't click either? Well then you're pretty much out of options.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, Uday_Sama said:

I'm using a live usb of ubuntu 18.04. 1.. But I didn't get any login option.. It directly loaded the desktop.. But my laptop keyboard and track pad aren't working.. Only ext mouse is working.. That too only to move cursor. Please help

Laptops are always a pain in the *ss. 
Try those kernel commands from GRUB: acpi=off if nothing, acpi_osi="Linux", acpi_osi="Windows" (not all the options, try each of them)

Just press E after getting into the USB live before booting ubuntu, and put the kernel commands after "quiet splash" or something like that

This probably isn't a driver problem, just the ACPI not enabling those devices when they don't detect windows, the usual vendor cr*p