Gainward GTX 970 underperforming

Hey :)

So I own a GTX 970 made by Gainward (a company I've never seen anyone talking about and pretty much no idea how I got it) but this GPU has started underperforming insanely bad lately. After I've replaced the thermal paste on the heatsink (which this card's specific heatsinks are too small to be effective) it performs even worse. I've applied the usual amount that is also used on CPUs and it made no difference and as I said made it even worse.

I've just recently change the case, fans and CPU heatsink so the PC doesn't overheat but this does. a benchmark for reference which will explain why I'm a bit worried.

Any ideas/tips that I can try to improve it?

Graphics card coolers are generally mounted with less pressure so some thermal pastes need to be manually spread and applied to both the die and heatsink for good contact. If you didn't do that before, try again. 

What are your temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 10:42 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Graphics card coolers are generally mounted with less pressure so some thermal pastes need to be manually spread and applied to both the die and heatsink for good contact. If you didn't do that before, try again. 

What are your temps?

late reply because I don't get notifications but it used to be like 80-85. Gainward is really not a popular company, and I've wanted to purchase another plastic shroud and modify it with custom multiple fans. I'd even buy a heatsink but I don't know how this stuff works like CPU sockets really.

5 hours ago, PelegPLT said:

late reply because I don't get notifications but it used to be like 80-85. Gainward is really not a popular company, and I've wanted to purchase another plastic shroud and modify it with custom multiple fans. I'd even buy a heatsink but I don't know how this stuff works like CPU sockets really.

The shroud isn't going to make as much difference as how well the heatsink is mounted and the thermal paste application. 

Your userbenchmark results are also normal considering your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.