Possible virus on my Android phone?

dionkoffie

Hi,

A few days ago I accidentally deleted some pictures on my Galaxy S6 edge. I found a program online somewhere that was able to recover those images. I downloaded the .exe and launched it on my computer. I connected my phone to the PC and went ahead with the software. I had used it a while back so I knew it was legit, but this time the layout was a bit different. That's ok.

I selected my phone model and android version and clicked start or begin w/e it was. My phone then went into a Downloading mode. It downloaded something and rebooted after it was finished. I noticed that my phone was significantly slower than before and that some random app had installed itself on my phone. I also noticed a little icon on top that says Voice over LTE. It's a new feature and I know about it, but it turned on right after it downloaded some suspicious data.

Android is still giving me this security notice error saying: ''Unauthorized action have been detected. restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes''. I've restarted many times, but it won't go away.

All in all.. this definitely looks like I installed some kind of virus. I've uninstalled some important apps with my personal data on it just to be sure, but it might be too late. (if I was the hacker I wouldn't wait to download all the user data I can get).

I really have no idea what I can do here. So far I have not noticed any account breaches or any strange activity on my accounts or phone. No weird text messages and I've been monitoring my data usage and shows nothing abnormal. What should I do? I've ran several anti virus apps, but hell if I know if they do anything at all. I could try resetting my entire phone, but I'm afraid that if I do have a virus that it might have embedded itself into the OS. This wasn't some .apk I downloaded. It changed something from the bios.

Anyone got any tips on what I should/could do?

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

I would get everything off I wanted manually, plug it into the pc and drag drop all the files you want to keep. then factory reset the phone after run a trusted anti-malware apk just to be extra safe. then you should be all good the set your phone up again. 
my advice get a google drive (15gb free with a gmail account) and have your photos auto backup so you never lose your snaps again

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

19 hours ago, Picklestine said:

I would get everything off I wanted manually, plug it into the pc and drag drop all the files you want to keep. then factory reset the phone after run a trusted anti-malware apk just to be extra safe. then you should be all good the set your phone up again. 
my advice get a google drive (15gb free with a gmail account) and have your photos auto backup so you never lose your snaps again

That is terrible advice!

Do NOT plug your virus infected phone into your computer, or you'll risk spreading said virus to your PC as well. Also don't use Google Drive, Big Brother knows way too much about you as is. If a serive is free of charge, you're paying with your personal data!

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 hour ago, myselfolli said:

That is terrible advice!

Do NOT plug your virus infected phone into your computer, or you'll risk spreading said virus to your PC as well. Also don't use Google Drive, Big Brother knows way too much about you as is. If a serive is free of charge, you're paying with your personal data!

he installed the virus onto his phone via his PC so chances are its already infected when he ran the exe he downloaded also I don't think a virus coded for android could infect a windows pc they are quite different. so I dont see why trying to backup the data is any more concern then already caused. also yes your right google uses your data to serve you ads but fuck duckduckgo sucks as a search engine and im on facebook anyway so what i got to lose hahaha

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

4 minutes ago, Picklestine said:

he installed the virus onto his phone via his PC so chances are its already infected when he ran the exe he downloaded. so i dont see why trying to backup the data is any more concern then already caused. also yes your right google uses your data to serve you ads but fuck duckduckgo sucks as a search engine and im on facebook anyway so what i got to lose hahaha

My PC is clean. I scanned it with a premium version of BitDefender + ran some Windows defender scans underneath. It's just that I don't have much knowledge on virusses on Android phones.

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

so did you get your photos back? copy those away safely first. after that, check if your phone is rooted, and which s6 model?

you can download  some apk to monitor all apps running , I use 3Ctoolbox.

and if you are unsure what the program did, better flash stock rom via odin

not every s6 edge can be rooted, further instructions go to xda forum

2 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

My PC is clean. I scanned it with a premium version of BitDefender + ran some Windows defender scans underneath. It's just that I don't have much knowledge on virusses on Android phones.

okay that's awesome, malwarebytes is good too. you did say you've used that software before and it was a fine software then. I still reckon plug it in backup your files and then complete reset. im pretty sure android is based of linux so i imagine it gets viruses the same way as any linux kernel.

3 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

so did you get your photos back? copy those away safely first. after that, check if your phone is rooted, and which s6 model?

you can download  some apk to monitor all apps running , I use 3Ctoolbox.

and if you are unsure what the program did, better flash stock rom via odin

you sound like you know what your on about, would using glassware on the phone give you a good idea whats sending and receiving data too i've only used the pc version and that's a decent software