Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YourNewPalAlex

How to tell if a mechanical keyboard is good or bad?

Use it.

i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz OCAsus Hero Viii / Asus Strix 1080 TI OC / Asus PG348Q & HP LP2475w  & ASUS VC239 & SONY KDL40D3000 / Fractal Design R6 HyperX Fury 2400 / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 2xKingston SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDD / Coolermaster 650, ,EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360, EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 150 / Corsair K70 / Logitc G502 Sennhieser HD598, Custom bodged speakers, Onkyo SR507 amp.

6 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

You need to be more specific about what is being evaluated to be good or bad

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You need to be more specific about what is being evaluated to be good or bad

Well, i dont know im a newbie to keyboards. By good and bad i mean something like "If the keys move alot, or the wobble alot, then they are bad (From side to side) " What linus commonly uses to see if a keyboard is good or bad

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Well, i dont know im a newbie to keyboards. By good and bad i mean something like "If the keys move alot, or the wobble alot, then they are bad (From side to side) (What linus commonly uses to see if a keyboard is good or bad)

In that case you should look through all his published videos about keyboard reviews to see what he has to say about them.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

how much you want to spend? 

i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz OCAsus Hero Viii / Asus Strix 1080 TI OC / Asus PG348Q & HP LP2475w  & ASUS VC239 & SONY KDL40D3000 / Fractal Design R6 HyperX Fury 2400 / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 2xKingston SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDD / Coolermaster 650, ,EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360, EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 150 / Corsair K70 / Logitc G502 Sennhieser HD598, Custom bodged speakers, Onkyo SR507 amp.

10 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

doesnt really matter since im buying from a local shop

Well that makes no sense. Quite a pointless post all in really, good luck!

3 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

Well that makes no sense. Quite a pointless post all in really, good luck!

it actually does make sense.. maybe they do not have a credit card, paypal, etc. so they cannot buy anything online. maybe they have $300 sitting around and they want new peripherals

Discord: iLostMyXbox21#4649

I took a walk around the world to Ease my troubled mind I left my body lying somewhere In the sands of time I watched the world float to the dark Side of the moon I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah I watched the world float to the Dark side of the moon After all I knew it had to be something To do with you I really don't mind what happens now and then As long as you'll be my friend at the end If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite You called me strong, you called me weak But still your secrets I will keep You took for granted all the times Never let you down You stumbled in and bumped your head, if Not for me then you'd be dead I picked you up and put you back On solid ground If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite Oh whoa whoa If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite

I think a keyboard is a very personal device, with personal preferences, so I would just go to a local store and try a couple of different keyboards.

9 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

it actually does make sense.. maybe they do not have a credit card, paypal, etc. so they cannot buy anything online. maybe they have $300 sitting around and they want new peripherals

so the budget would be 300 and thats the answer (and a balling budget that would be). Anyway its obvious now the budget was in the lower end and he was looking for something close to Cherry's which could have been useful to say. 

2 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Thanks @HOOTSMON @huilun02 @geo3 @dgsddfgdfhgs @iLostMyXbox21 @OskarKE

i went in a store, tried some keyboards and bought the one i liked. Tactile and clicky. Some knockoff cherry mx blues

Thats exactly what i would have done. Just the clicky would have sold it for me lol

12 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Good spot, im a teen so i get my money by well, Money, not credit cards. So i cant buy anything online, even if i have local shops here.

also how did u know i have exactly 300 euros sitting around? U stalkin me or smth 😁😁

12 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

4 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

and no, the 300 arent for peripherals, their for a monitor lol, im just buying cheaper stuff that feels nice from what i have left over.

lol, yeah, that was just a hypothetical

6 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

also how did u know i have exactly 300 euros sitting around? U stalkin me or smth 😁😁

how did YOU know that I know? U stalkin ME or smth?

Discord: iLostMyXbox21#4649

I took a walk around the world to Ease my troubled mind I left my body lying somewhere In the sands of time I watched the world float to the dark Side of the moon I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah I watched the world float to the Dark side of the moon After all I knew it had to be something To do with you I really don't mind what happens now and then As long as you'll be my friend at the end If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite You called me strong, you called me weak But still your secrets I will keep You took for granted all the times Never let you down You stumbled in and bumped your head, if Not for me then you'd be dead I picked you up and put you back On solid ground If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite Oh whoa whoa If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman If I'm alive and well, will you be There holding my hand I'll keep you by my side with My superhuman might Kryptonite