Calibrate PB278Q

EnSortSau

Just bought the PB278Q and am struggling with the colors because i can't find the settings that fits me. Any tips on how i should calibrate it? and if you have the same monitor maybe share your settings :D

I just used the user mode settings and left it, I only game so calibration isn't that important to me. I did however find TFT central ICC profiles and monitor settings database with their adjustments for the monitor but of course every monitor is different and so their adjustments aren't perfect. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I just used srgb mode

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Here is a quick and dirty guide by Lifehacker on how to calibrate your new monitor: http://lifehacker.com/5882632/how-do-i-calibrate-my-computers-monitor-for-the-best-picture

1. First, you'll need some test patterns. You can find some great ones at the Lagom LCD monitor test pages, or you can walk through the steps at DisplayCalibration.com to get started.
  2. Open the test patterns on both displays. Open two browser windows to the same patterns, or open two image viewers with the same pattens in both. Maximize them on both displays and take a look at the differences.
  3. Make subtle changes on the second display to try and match the first. The steps you'll follow here are very similar to how you calibrate your HDTV. You'll need to adjust the contrast and brightness against black and white gradient patterns, and you'll need to adjust the color levels (red-green-blue) against some color test patterns. Since you calibrated your OS against the first display, that monitor should look the way you like. The goal now is to make the second one look just like the first one. You may need to make some subtle changes to the primary display, but don't go overboard—the first display is supposed to be your control, and if you adjust it too much you won't have a point of reference.
  4. When you finish, bring up a photo on both displays. Make sure your test photo looks the same on both displays. If you can, set both displays to the same wallpaper and examine them that way. You're just using your eyes, but it's a good way to make sure that your colors and contrast look the same. If you see something off, open up the on-panel display controls and tweak them.

I would also recommend this guide by Tested to see if your monitor has any problems: http://www.tested.com/tech/584-how-to-spot-5-common-defects-in-your-lcd-warning-cannot-unsee/

Thanks guys, figured it out :)

One thing you do need to do, is to lower the brightness. I run my brightness at 20 and it's still bright, but more comfortable. It will also increase the lifespan of the monitor.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black