Hi!

I recently did a clean install on my pc, and everything went well. Then, I saw I didn’t have the correct BIOS version so I decided to update it using Gigabyte’s Q-flash. Then, something weird happened when it finished. It rebooted 2 times, but couldn’t do it and left me at the bios. No biggie, I thought. I took out the usb card for the bios and the windows 10 disc I used for the clean install because I thought I wouldn’t need them. I tried booting from the bios but I couldn’t do it.

I then tried to install the usb card and the disc to give me as many boot options as possible, but all of them only try to boot for 2 seconds and then they come back at the boot menu. The installation disc still works for reinstalling windows but this is obviously not an option I want.

So my question is, how do I get to boot in Windows? Were there any automatic backups I could use?

So true it hurts

That post is confusing as hell. You should consider editing it. Took me a while to get what you were trying to say.

Anyway, does your mobo have dual bios?

1 hour ago, Verrierr said:

That post is confusing as hell. You should consider editing it. Took me a while to get what you were trying to say.

Anyway, does your mobo have dual bios?

I honestly don’t know. My motherboard is a Gigabyte gaming 5 z370. Was the backup automatic though? I don’t remember saving anything.

(Edited the post. Hope it’s easier to understand now.)

So true it hurts

7 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

I honestly don’t know. My motherboard is a Gigabyte gaming 5 z370. Was the backup automatic though? I don’t remember saving anything.

(Edited the post. Hope it’s easier to understand now.)

Dual bios is a feature that some mobos have, where they simply have two physical bios chips on them and you can switch between them. You don't need to do anything to have it since your mobo is already equipped with it, I checked (this is the one https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-5-rev-10#kf right?). For information on how to switch from bios 1 to bios 2 consult the manual.

This is a quote from your mobo's user manual concerning bios flashing which explains what happened when you tried to flash it.

After the main BIOS is flashed, the system will reboot automatically and then DualBIOS™ will continue to update the backup BIOS. After completion, the system will reboot again and boot from the main BIOS for normal operation.

You really should consider reading the manual next time you attempt it, since as you can see rebooting twice is actually completely normal for your mobo during bios flashing.

10 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

I tried booting from the bios but I couldn’t do it.

What happened when you tried to do this? How did you go about it?

3 hours ago, Verrierr said:

This is a quote from your mobo's user manual concerning bios flashing which explains what happened when you tried to flash it.

You really should consider reading the manual next time you attempt it, since as you can see rebooting twice is actually completely normal for your mobo during bios flashing.

What happened when you tried to do this? How did you go about it?

Well basically what happened is that it sent me to the Bios, probably because it couldn’t boot correctly. I then tried to do it manually but here is what happens. 

I have a 4tb hard drive with and optane 32gb.

So true it hurts

17 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Well basically what happened is that it sent me to the Bios, probably because it couldn’t boot correctly. I then tried to do it manually but here is what happens. 

I have a 4tb hard drive with and optane 32gb.

Did you try reinstalling windows or reflashing bios?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 4:35 AM, Verrierr said:

Did you try reinstalling windows or reflashing bios?

Sorry for the late response. Windows refuse to be reinstalled and reflashing the bios doesn’t do anything

So true it hurts