seriously my luck, pioneer (VSX-532) lost video

circeseye

i have my receiver hooked to my computer to my tv...all 1080p......i have seen when the receiver detects a movie or full screen game it does some sort of switch. (screen blanks and comes back).......well i had just installed a game and the res it started with was 1026/764 (didnt know it would do that in this day and age)...well the receiver did its blank and stayed there..........sound still works but as for any signal going to the tv there is none...i cant even bring up the receivers settings overlay, and tv says there no signal
i have did a hard reset (twice), unplugged it, checked the settings for the hdmi and nothing. even switched the hdmi plug to the other slots.....its like the hdmi out is just dead
it barely 2 months old (facepalm)
any ideas?

What model is the receiver? Not all video resolutions are supported. Try hooking it directly to your tv/monitor without the AVR and see if it does it. Also run something else through that port instead of your current source, to rule out a bad port.

13 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

What model is the receiver? Not all video resolutions are supported. Try hooking it directly to your tv/monitor without the AVR and see if it does it. Also run something else through that port instead of your current source, to rule out a bad port.

pioneer (VSX-532)....not the best but does exactly what i need it to do :)

yea the resolution that damn game throws out definitely is what screwed everything up. it completely ignores video driver settings and rules.

ive tried it with only connected to tv... no input...nothing ......tv says no signal.
as for hooking up something else to it..damn i didnt think of that..have to find something to do that with.....thats not a computer (all tvs are hooked up with one) so havent had the need to buy anything else...