Best way to backup and reset your android phone to help performance

I was wondering what is the best way to backup your android phone and format/reset it to maintain performance on the phone for future use?

There is one option, backing your data on the cloud. You don't need an iPhone for this.

Personally, i rely on backing up data via cloud. I avoid apps that don't automatically back up its data (Ex. Subway Surfers). It's annoying that I have to manually backup that data with third party backup software, so I tend to avoid those apps. Once I know everything is on the cloud, I don't have to worry. I can format my device, set up as new device, and easily retrieve all my backup data from the cloud, which is fully automatic.

Another is manual backup, such as using Titanium Backup.

-Kevin-

4 hours ago, krkevin said:

Personally, i rely on backing up data via cloud

Can you back up an entire android phone to google drive?

13 hours ago, krkevin said:

so not everything, but close.

it  seems like that covers all the needs what isnt covered i cant quite figure that out?

9 hours ago, BioFlash said:

it  seems like that covers all the needs what isnt covered i cant quite figure that out?

It doesn't cover photos and videos unless you have a Google Pixel device, but you can easily backup photos and vidoes on Google Drive automatically on WiFi by turning on "Camera Upload Feature". It just depends on how much photos and videos you own. If it's a large amount, you're better off backing up themi on an external drive like a USB flash drive, since it's much cheaper than buying a subscription plan on Google Drive every month. Just don't lose the drive. :P

If you have any game/app data that doesn't get automatically saved to the cloud, that will be deleted when you factory reset the phone. Only way I know to backup that game/app data is using a third party backup software, such as Titanium Backup.

SMS won't be backed up either unless you own a Pixel device. SMS backup depends on the device. For example, Samsung has their own cloud backup solution that backs up SMS and various other data automatically, once you enable it (i own a Galaxy S9). I can't guarantee your phone manufacturer will have its own backup solution. You can manually backup your SMS via Titanium Backup, or take screenshots of the parts you really need.

That's all I can think of for now, tell me if I'm missing anything, and I'll tell you how to backup them. :)

-Kevin-

On 10/16/2018 at 1:19 AM, krkevin said:

It doesn't cover photos and videos unless you have a Google Pixel device, but you can easily backup photos and vidoes on Google Drive automatically on WiFi by turning on "Camera Upload Feature". It just depends on how much photos and videos you own. If it's a large amount, you're better off backing up themi on an external drive like a USB flash drive, since it's much cheaper than buying a subscription plan on Google Drive every month. Just don't lose the drive. :P

If you have any game/app data that doesn't get automatically saved to the cloud, that will be deleted when you factory reset the phone. Only way I know to backup that game/app data is using a third party backup software, such as Titanium Backup.

SMS won't be backed up either unless you own a Pixel device. SMS backup depends on the device. For example, Samsung has their own cloud backup solution that backs up SMS and various other data automatically, once you enable it (i own a Galaxy S9). I can't guarantee your phone manufacturer will have its own backup solution. You can manually backup your SMS via Titanium Backup, or take screenshots of the parts you really need.

That's all I can think of for now, tell me if I'm missing anything, and I'll tell you how to backup them. :)

I own a pixel 2 so should be good with some parts from what I have been seeing is titanium backup the best way to go? If so where do I get it from?

4 hours ago, BioFlash said:

I own a pixel 2 so should be good with some parts from what I have been seeing is titanium backup the best way to go? If so where do I get it from?

If you want to backup "Everything", backup software such as Titatnium Backup will do it for you. I forgot to tell you one thing though, you need to root your device for third party backup software to work, not worth the risk in my opinion. Rooting voids warranty and can very easily make your software completely unusable. Besides, if your using Android, the world's most custom mobile operating system, rooting seems pointless in my opinion.

Built-in backup software such as Google Backup is the best option. No need to root, and most of the time it backups automatically. If that doesn't work, you're forced to root to use a third party backup software that can seriously mess up the software. You own a Pixel 2, so I doubt you would want it to stop working completely because of rooting. Rooting is a very risky thing, just like how jail-breaking on iOS is very risky. If you don't know what you're doing, software bricking is almost certain to happen.

Use only if you know how to root like an expert: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup

-Kevin-