Hello guys, I am in the market for a new laptop. Currently, I am rocking the Asus N752VX and for a student well .. it's just not the right choice. What I want from my new laptop is for it to have: long lasting battery (full day of lectures and whatnot without me thinking about battery ofc not being that guy rocking the full brightness and stuff), very good display (4k if possible because I like watching stuff on it and occasionally gaming). Yes .. gaming - I am going to be gaming extremely rarely but I do wish that when I do it will actually perform. My price limit is somewhere around the 1100$ price mark. SSD is a must. 

Also I forgot to mention my other main issue with the Asus - it weighs freaking 3kgs .. and I travel quite a lot. Even if we leave alone the fact that I want to carry it to university every day just traveling with it on planes is horrific so lightweight is something I'd appreciate.

I would recommend a mac. The new ones are great but are very expensive. I would look into the Mac A1278. You have to install an SSD but the performance and battery life are great for the price and considering that it is an older laptop. You can get them for under $400.

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

Yeah, I know a mac is what I need but sadly it's way out of my price range. And if I were to get a mac I'd rather do it the proper way.

I understand. I feel the same way. Apple is not cheap!!

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

Where are you from? Preferred max weight, display size and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I am in the UK but have access to EU market easily. I am not too sure about the max weight just anything below 2.4 would be fine I guess ? I just want to easily carry it around and just not think about the weight at all. Display size is smth I don't care about that much anymore coming from the 17 .. I am fine with 13 to 16 and battery life .. the more the better. literally. Currently looking at the HP Envy/Spectre x360, ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UX461UN and the Lenovo Yoga 730. Not sure if those are my best choices though. Open to more proposals and comments about the beforementioned laptops.

3 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

battery life .. the more the better

give me a range

3 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

I am in the UK but have access to EU market easily

So you're buying from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 10/13/2018 at 3:32 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

give me a range

So you're buying from?

Really sorry for the late reply, extremely few busy days in uni. For battery life I am quite serious .. literally the more the better, I won't be satisfied for anything that goes under 6h under wifi and chrome usage. I can buy from both markets. Right now the only laptop I have my eyes on is the Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with the i7 and mx150 - people are saying battery life easily does 7-8 hours under normal usage, okay performance for this kinda laptop but the only problem is I can't find it with 16GB ram .. and 8gb ram DDR3 doesn't sound good enough to me for this kind of price laptop.

13 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

Really sorry for the late reply, extremely few busy days in uni

It's OK. So just to confirm, your budget is around 850 pounds? (I assume that 1100 is in USD, and I converted it)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Yeah, an upper ceiling I'd say 1250USD, that's as far as I can possibly go.

Lenovo yoga 730 should fit your budget. Has a 4k display and gtx1050 which could definitely play games at 1080. 

On 10/13/2018 at 6:59 PM, ThunderGod said:

HP Envy/Spectre x360, ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UX461UN and the Lenovo Yoga 730

Envy x360 15 don't have good sRGB display. It seems like the options above are out of your budget (according to UK market)

With 10W MX150:

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14

HP Envy 13 ah0001na

Do you prefer convertibles?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Well I kind of do. Why would I go for the Envy series though ? All of them have HDDs and they consume a lot of battery? Correct me if I'm wrong of course but wouldn't that mean I won't be able to get 8h no matter what I do?
For now I know that my best choice is the spectre 13" x360 8th gen i7 and 16gb ram but that's well over my budget and the only other thing that's left in my budget range is the asus I mentioned but sadly it has 8gb of ram ddr3 which is simply unacceptable in 2018 .. may as well just stick with this laptop and use my phone somehow idk .. 

Forgot to mention touchscreen is a must. Never had a laptop with a touchscreen but after seeing friends with those I have no idea how I've lived so far without a touchscreen lol.

9 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

All of them have HDDs and they consume a lot of battery?

Nope

it has 8gb of ram ddr3 which is simply unacceptable in 2018

8GB is fine. But the fact that it has soldered RAM is the bummer

spectre 13" x360

no dGPU. You have to increase your budget if you want a convertible with good display+good battery life+dGPU

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Yeah I guess I'll just keep saving money for now. Will try to find an envy model without HDD.

4 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

envy model

Which one?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler