3 minutes ago, Xanthanite said:
- I want some really great cooling in this system which is why I chose that case and cooler specifically, but I am aware of the fact that the Noctua NH-D15 is pretty massive so I'm worried that it may get in the way of the ram or have some other form of compatibility issue. I also don't like watercooling.
- I really like that case but i'm not 100% positive it's the best option. I only chose it because it's large and I wanted to be absolutely certain that I had enough space for the cooler. Because of this reason I was very scared of picking a mid size case. I don't want to spend my money and start installing things only to find out something doesn't fit right or that the parts are all cramped up and will cause heating issues. (My current PC is pretty cramped so I'm kinda done with that issue at this point..) Someone tell me of a case that can still fit everything, has good cable management, dust filters and great airflow? Please?
- Is the processor good enough for all that workload?
- Will this GPU even play well with the MOBO and CPU??
- I don't want the PC to be incredibly loud. My current PC is kinda loud already. Obviously I don't require complete silence but if I leave my computer on at night time I don't want to be listening to a deafening whiny fan noise coming from my PC that is actually LOUDER than my actual fan (Like my current PC). I also work from home taking customer service calls and even though my mic is good at cancelling out background noise, I still would like for the PC to at least be a little quiet lol. My current PC makes quite the bit of noise even when it's idle or not under any heavy load, it's kind of just annoying.
- I'm REALLY scared that I'll somehow start getting the PC freeze issue again. Especially since I don't really know what it's caused by!
- Do I have any items that could be replaced with a cheaper option that's just as good if not better?
1. With a big cooler like that, it's possible that it may cover one or two RAM slots.
2. Dark Base Pro 900 is a great case, you won't have any problems. If you want an alternative, I'd point you towards the Corsair Obsidian 750D.
4. Yes, the 8700K and 1080Ti is one of the best pairings you can get.
5. Watercooling will be way quieter, but the NH-D15 is a big enough cooler that it should stay pretty quiet most of the time.
6. That shouldn't be a concern.
7. All looks good, happy building and welcome to the forums!