Sony VAIO Flip Auto-Brightness??

Go to solution Solved by Nineshadow,

I wanted to get the 15" version with a 735M but decided that a gaming PC would be better.

Does this work : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIm0LOnEP4 ?

I just got the Fit 14A (Or Flip) and the brightness almost sent me over the edge. I can't control it at all! The brightness control will just set your "Preference" brightness. And it will do the rest. I usually like the auto brightness on these things, but this one us really annoying. It's usually too dark, and making it hard to see. And then at night, i have the brightness down. And it will turn up for no reason!

I have tried the Sony forums. The only fix is in the VAIO control center. But (For some reason) i do not have that option. The "Turn Auto-Brightness off" switch is just not there. I will attach a screen shot. Anyone else know another way? Because this is crazy! Is it a windows setting, intel setting, or Sony setting.

The snip has the model also.

post-11076-0-38979600-1388946121.png 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Not sure about this flip thingy, but isn't brightness setting usually a part of battery&power

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I wanted to get the 15" version with a 735M but decided that a gaming PC would be better.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yes thank you!!

I also had owned a Fit (Just the Fit) 15" model.

With the core i7 (ULV)

And the GT735M (2GB)

and 12GB RAM!!

It was amazing! Everything in it was Low Voltage, but worked very well together! I also loved the fan, it exhausted hot air UP, not onto your legs like the MacBook Pro. It was also very nice looking and very thin.

But had some issues. The screen was 1920x1080 but had terrible viewing angles. The brushed metal was stainless steel, so finger prints and oil...

I guess its a very good casual laptop that can be a good gaming laptop when its plugged in. But its not a hardcore gaming machine. But its actually usable! 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Yes thank you!!

I also had owned a Fit (Just the Fit) 15" model.

With the core i7 (ULV)

And the GT735M (2GB)

and 12GB RAM!!

It was amazing! Everything in it was Low Voltage, but worked very well together! I also loved the fan, it exhausted hot air UP, not onto your legs like the MacBook Pro. It was also very nice looking and very thin.

But had some issues. The screen was 1920x1080 but had terrible viewing angles. The brushed metal was stainless steel, so finger prints and oil...

I guess its a very good casual laptop that can be a good gaming laptop when its plugged in. But its not a hardcore gaming machine. But its actually usable! 

Let's see what will be released this year...I really need to replace my craptop from 2007.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.