Need help/collaboration on Graduation Project

KuoKid

HI,

My name is Jason Kuo, a fourth-year film student at Emily Carr Univesity here in Vancouver. My graduation project is a media installation to get people to think about electronic usage and screen addiction. It will involve using 10 or more smartphone mounted on the wall displaying a loop of videos and front-facing cameras. This installation will be on display at the Grad Show at Emily Carr University May 2019.

I need to build an app (probably Android) that can turn the front-facing camera on for 10 minutes, then play a series of videos (afterwards turn off for 5 minutes to cool down if possible), and continue this loop from the start (camera) again.

I am not experienced in making an app, so am looking for help and collaboration. This will be great if you are interested in creative work, like to tackle interesting things, or get more experience. I am able to give more details on the ideas behind the artwork and what I am trying to do upon request.

My contact is hello.kuojason@gmail.com; I will also check back regularly. Thank you so much.

Isn't there anyone from your own university?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Go into your CS department and recruit some smelly/nerdy student. Pay them with a couple beers.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I'd consult my professor. 

However if you don't want to learn anything & make it, you can likely just use App Inventor. 

EDIT:
Normally consulting services are very expensive. You'd probably have to pay someone a few hundred US Dollars. 

On 10/11/2018 at 5:15 AM, James Evens said:

Get someone programming a app or learn it. It will take you around 2 days or somebody who knows android 1 hour. 

Technically you can create two views and a timer which switches between those. The first one is the camera and the second one is the video player. 

Thanks for the suggestion on using tow views, and a timer. I have just started learning to programme for this project, your idea really helps.

Thanks for the replies. My school is a pure art school, as far as I know, I don't know anyone that knows programming. But I will go to other schools to seek help.