Only 2 front speakers working in a 5.1 system

Alex976
2 hours ago, Alex976 said:

I tried them but no 5.1

ok i just caught it. i didnt notice till just now...it has to be your drivers because you are missing tab options in your properties. i know its for optical but all the tabs are also in my hdmi and if i use the headphone jacks...every connection shows what dolby it supports..you dont have that. the link is a screenshot of what im talking about..my audio is Realtek® ALC892 and is older then yours so yea something just isnt right. your drivers isnt decoding it like it should

options

On 10/16/2018 at 5:42 PM, circeseye said:

ok i just caught it. i didnt notice till just now...it has to be your drivers because you are missing tab options in your properties. i know its for optical but all the tabs are also in my hdmi and if i use the headphone jacks...every connection shows what dolby it supports..you dont have that. the link is a screenshot of what im talking about..my audio is Realtek® ALC892 and is older then yours so yea something just isnt right. your drivers isnt decoding it like it should

options

Ok so, what would happen if i install your version of Realtek drivers?

14 hours ago, Alex976 said:

Ok so, what would happen if i install your version of Realtek drivers?

all i have is the newest version....its that your missing options it looks like...you should be able to see what dolby is supported much less use it. and i know your sound chip set supports it. you might need to research into it to get all the sound options available.....i have read about where some people actually had to jump through hoops to get it to work right depending on certain motherboards
heres some links to some stuff you can try.....one of the fixes is to uninstall driver and reinstall so.
https://appuals.com/channel-surround-sound-not-working-in-windows-10/

this is the link to newest realtek driver (you will lose your realtek control panel but all the options will still be in the device properties)
newest driver

• 3 years later...

I know the thread is old, but maybe it will still help someone: 

Open Sound Manager from Realtek HD Audio Manager, take out the jacks from rear and center/subwoofer speakers and reinsert them one at a time. A window will apear where you will select which device is connected.

The same window can be opened if you right click below ANALOG Back Panel on each connector and select Connector Retasking.

realtek 5.1.jpg