Possible First Build Help

Teslas Fate
3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Ok if it has lga 1150 as opposed to the lga 1155 you listed earlier, it should work with any haswell CPU, but a 4790s should be your consideration. They're no slouch in modern games, and the low TDP will help with the single power 4 pin input

Whats the difference?

Just now, Teslas Fate said:

Whats the difference?

Between the sockets or between the CPUs?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Between the sockets or between the CPUs?

CPU's sorry 

3 minutes ago, Teslas Fate said:

CPU's sorry 

The S character means the low power version, as well as T if you find one. I recommend something along the lines of 4770s or 4770t because the 4790 variants require a BIOS update so there's no guarantee they'll work

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

The S character means the low power version, as well as T if you find one. I recommend something along the lines of 4770s or 4770t because the 4790 variants require a BIOS update so there's no guarantee they'll work

Ok THX so much for the help but what would you recommend for single slot gpu, ram, and ssd  

5 minutes ago, Teslas Fate said:

Ok THX so much for the help but what would you recommend for single slot gpu, ram, and ssd  

Single slot graphics cards can be tough, though there's a single slot 1050 (sort of expensive since it's a china only model). The only models that come to mind are the gt 1030 and the single slot 1070, and I feel like only one of those is in budget. There's also an RX 460 slim edition by xfx, probably your best bet

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Single slot graphics cards can be tough, though there's a single slot 1050 (sort of expensive since it's a china only model). The only models that come to mind are the gt 1030 and the single slot 1070, and I feel like only one of those is in budget. There's also an RX 460 slim edition by xfx, probably your best bet

I don't really have a set amount yet so yeah

23 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

What about ram and ssd?

Just now, Teslas Fate said:

What about ram and ssd?

Get yourself some used ddr3 from eBay, 2x4 gb ought to do it. SSD could be cheapest you can get, doesn't really matter as long as it's not used,and throw in a hard drive on top of it since that's the usual option for a budget PC. 

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Get yourself some used ddr3 from eBay, 2x4 gb ought to do it. SSD could be cheapest you can get, doesn't really matter as long as it's not used,and throw in a hard drive on top of it since that's the usual option for a budget PC. 

THX so much again

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

What about these 

GPU: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123317778218

RAM: https://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-2x-4GB-PC3-10600R-HP-ProLiant-G6-G7-Memory-RAM-500658-B21-500203-061-Genuine/142942612924?epid=135532423&hash=item21480b2dbc:g:plMAAOSwbF1blB39:sc:USPSFirstClass!61554!US!-1

SSD: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-160GB-1-8-3Gb-s-SATA-Solid-State-Drive-SSD-SSDSA1M160G2HP/123401382165?hash=item1cbb4ba915:g:nWEAAOSwUQ5bs49O:rk:19:pf:0&LH_BIN=1 

11 minutes ago, Teslas Fate said:

1. That graphics card is craptastic. Very old so you might as well use the integrated graphics.

2. That is server ram, it won't work

3. Buying used storage is asking for trouble. Buy a new SSD instead.

Primary PC:

On 10/12/2018 at 5:40 AM, Teslas Fate said:

there isn't one in it

Get the service tag number of the unit and check it at Dell's web site. The service tag would confirm if you got the 1155 or 1150 model of that Optiplex

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti