Screen repair on a early 2014 macbook pro 15"

Hey guys,
I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 15" that I thought just need a battery replacement... when it got to me the screen had laminate damage and scratch or two. The seller insists the damage happened during shipping and does not want me to return it and offering to sell it to me for $225.  I figured I could get it for $200. I was wondering the cost of the screen replacement? I figured if it's $300 it's probably worth it. I only need this machine for dev purposes such as building to Xcode and other dev tools that I can't use or have to jump through hoops to get through. 

Thanks for the advice and feed back in advance.

Just now, Alexsolo said:

Did you pruchase through ebay?

Yes, Im going to open it up and make sure there's no water damage. something is extremely fishy here...

Just now, Alexsolo said:

Ebay offers buyer protection, you can get a full refund if the item is not as described on the listing. 

Also leaving a negative review tends to make sellers help you out more (so that you change it to positive after resolving issue)

Okay, I'm most likely going to do that because it appears that one the screws on the back plate are stripped...

19 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Put a rubber band or some electrical/plumbers tape between screw and screwdriver to fill in the screwhead and get it off the macbook backplate.

Not as easy as it seems, still wont budge.

@AlexsoloThis looks like water damage, suspected something odd with white chalky material on the inside of the ports. Thank you very much for your input

20181009_201145.thumb.jpg.b2e6bf0a24eb76f389d0c606765de0a1.jpg