HP Spectre x360 Core i7 8th Gen for Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, leykhins said:

You think it will run GTA V and other high end games... if i dial it back a little that is?

How much RAM should I consider to go with it?

You'll need more ram for productivity anyways, so 16GB at min. You'll manage to run modern games at low settings.

Hey Linus Tech Tips do you think that this laptop is convenient for gaming? If it is which ones?

Which GPU does it have? Intel UHD, Vega M or MX 150?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Even with MX150 I wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Even with MX150 I wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

You'd be surprised what an MX 150 can do. It's a surprisingly potent little card.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You'd be surprised what an MX 150 can do. It's a surprisingly potent little card.

I mean, it's a laptop gt 1030. With the budget required for a Spectre laptop, one could afford a much better gaming laptop.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Its an MX150.

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I mean, it's a laptop gt 1030. With the budget required for a Spectre laptop, one could afford a much better gaming laptop.

Its not exactly, more of video editing and animations. But would like to be able to play GTA V or Fortnite every now and then.

Just now, leykhins said:

Its an MX150.

Its not exactly, more of video editing and animations. But would like to be able to play GTA V or Fortnite every now and then.

Both are doable if you play at 1080p and are prepared to dial some settings back.

In the case of gaming being secondary, then I think it will be fine. 

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

In the case of gaming being secondary, then I think it will be fine. 

You think it will run GTA V and other high end games... if i dial it back a little that is?

You'll need more ram for productivity anyways, so 16GB at min. You'll manage to run modern games at low settings.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

One last thing... do you think I could use this for 3d animations?

11 minutes ago, leykhins said:

One last thing... do you think I could use this for 3d animations?

It depends on the software you're using. Generally yes, the CPU will give you good rendering performance.

Primary PC:

11 hours ago, fasauceome said:

It depends on the software you're using. Generally yes, the CPU will give you good rendering performance.

Awesome.. Thanks!

It's not mean for gaming anyway...

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight and minimum battery life? Any other special requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128