[FIXED] Battlefield 3 crashes on windows 10?

Daddy Senpai

I've been wanting to play some battlefield 3 recently for nostalgic reasons but for me it seems like it doesn't want to run on my computer. I've asked a few of my mates which also have BF3 at they get the same problem as me, which is as soon as you load in or sometimes touch the keyboard in your load out menu it just kicks you straight back out and closes but battlelog doesn't detect anything or through up a error code to check I've look on the battlelog forums but that forum is know for some of the least helpful stuff in the world and nothing has come up, I have reinstalled punkbuster and done the service test on it to make sure its not punkbuster but i still get the same problem. Is anyone else getting the same problem as me and if you did how have you fixed the issue?

Thanks in advanced (P.S. sorry for the poor grammar in dyslexic)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600. GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz. Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A. Storage: 240GB Adata SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda.CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X. PSU: Corsair 450W VS Series. Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue).

Check what drivers or programs have trouble with battlefield, i remember having a similar problem where punkbuster (dont remember the name correctly) couldnt connect correctly and closed the game without sending any error, since that was an expected result

Ill give it a try

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600. GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz. Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A. Storage: 240GB Adata SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda.CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X. PSU: Corsair 450W VS Series. Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue).

Just now, Daddy Senpai said:

Ill give it a try

something you cand check, is if punkbuster is still open on the task manager even after battlefield crashes, if its open i would close all of them, and reset origin and battlefield, if it doesnt work then im afraid im out of ideas.

alright ill give it ago now as i've just finished playing BF4

Please tell me if you have more problems, for future reference

yeah ill let you know

Pressed escape to go into settings and just crashed, that's with a fresh restart of origins and PB

did it crashed by pressing scape or was the same time window as before?

launched into the game and then as soon as i hit escape it just closed no error codes

damn, i cant come up with something else m8, im sorry for that :/

yeah my mates are getting the same thing we are all confused we have never got anything like this before but thanks for the help

58 minutes ago, Daddy Senpai said:

Is anyone else getting the same problem as me and if you did how have you fixed the issue?

This may fix your issue...

Scroll to the 2:05 mark for the instructions to fix your issue. It seems the letters TM after your exe files is what is causing the issue.

I'll give it a try and see if it works

15 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

This may fix your issue...

Scroll to the 2:05 mark for the instructions to fix your issue. It seems the letters TM after your exe files is what is causing the issue.

what I have found with this is that if the drive partitioned then i can't access the other files which is where BF3 is installed, if im being stupid just tell me but i can't seem to access the files

you might just need to check where origin is storing the files

i have a custom destination for my games which is on the partition with out the OS

yeah but you have access to it, just check where the bf3 files are

I've searched the registry and BF3 isn't coming up, BF4 , BF1 and BF5 beta has been found but not BF3

3 hours ago, Daddy Senpai said:

I've searched the registry and BF3 isn't coming up, BF4 , BF1 and BF5 beta has been found but not BF3

If Battlefield 3 is installed on your PC, the exe file can be found. You just have to know where you installed it.

I installed it on my d drive but my regedit wont find it, my other BF games are on my D drive as well and there found instantly and I can find them without needing to search for them.

2 hours ago, Daddy Senpai said:

I installed it on my d drive but my regedit wont find it, my other BF games are on my D drive as well and there found instantly and I can find them without needing to search for them.

Try searching for a folder called Origin Games or EA Games. Battlefield 3 should be in it.

When did you buy BF3? Where did you buy BF3 from? Are you using Origin to play BF3?

Are you running the game on Windows 10? Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

Also, be sure to highlight any or all of my comment and click on quote selection to put it into your response. Doing this will give me a notification that you have responded and I'll be able to respond back quicker. It also makes a noise on my PC that I can hear over what I'm watching on YouTube provided I keep this LTT open in my browser(which I am doing).

I've been playing Battlefield 3 in Windows 10 for the past week, and it hasn't crashed on me. I haven't been playing sessions that are that long, though. Maybe 20 - 45 minutes.

I'm gonna uninstall it, though, because for the most part the only maps people play are the ones that are in Bf4, and everything about Bf4 is better than Bf3, IMO. The one map that people are playing Conquest Large in Bf3 that isn't one of the maps that are also in Bf4 is the Noshar Canals or whatever map. None of the expansion maps are being played, for North American region, anyway.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

21 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

Try searching for a folder called Origin Games or EA Games. Battlefield 3 should be in it.

When did you buy BF3? Where did you buy BF3 from? Are you using Origin to play BF3?

Are you running the game on Windows 10? Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

Also, be sure to highlight any or all of my comment and click on quote selection to put it into your response. Doing this will give me a notification that you have responded and I'll be able to respond back quicker. It also makes a noise on my PC that I can hear over what I'm watching on YouTube provided I keep this LTT open in my browser(which I am doing).

I've Found my BF games in EA Games but BF3 isnt in there ive searched the whole regedit and i cant find it im going to reinstall it to see if that works.

20 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I've been playing Battlefield 3 in Windows 10 for the past week, and it hasn't crashed on me. I haven't been playing sessions that are that long, though. Maybe 20 - 45 minutes.

I'm gonna uninstall it, though, because for the most part the only maps people play are the ones that are in Bf4, and everything about Bf4 is better than Bf3, IMO. The one map that people are playing Conquest Large in Bf3 that isn't one of the maps that are also in Bf4 is the Noshar Canals or whatever map. None of the expansion maps are being played, for North American region, anyway.

I know what you mean but most of us found each other as friends on BF3 and just wanted to play together and fuck around abit as BF3 is still broken in some aspects