We need more folders!

were like the titanic :P and awesome boat but we will always go down with the ship.

edit: what on the earth is folding sorry, i don't really know much about mining period :L

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

didnt u only start like a few days ago? lol.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

were like the titanic :P and awesome boat but we will always go down with the ship.

edit: what on the earth is folding sorry, i don't really know much about mining period :L

pfft, I'm going all Rose in that case. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Damn...:( I'd like to help but my laptop can't handle the Folding properly :( I'll secretly add it to my brother's rig once I build it for him :)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Damn... :( I'd like to help but my laptop can't handle the Folding properly :( I'll secretly add it to my brother's rig once I build it for him :)

yeah, i made a build for my brothers gf a couple of weeks back and did the same. sadly he noticed and uninstalled it... :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

Hm? Shall I switch from BOINC to folding?

Convince me!!!

Why is folding better?

Damn... :( I'd like to help but my laptop can't handle the Folding properly :( I'll secretly add it to my brother's rig once I build it for him :)

It will be noticable, you will probably not suceed with the secret thing :D My PC BSOD with folding and WoW and crashes with folding and HS

didnt u only start like a few days ago? lol.

yesterday

Hm? Shall I switch from BOINC to folding?

Convince me!!!

Why is folding better?

because you can find a cure for cancer and/or Alzheimer's and/or Huntington's and/or Parkinson's. Personally I chose Alzheimer's for my family.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

because you can find a cure for cancer and/or Alzheimer's and/or Huntington's and/or Parkinson's. Personally I chose Alzheimer's for my family.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

Ya... In BOINC I am fighting malaria and I am trying to discover new drugs

Fightmalaria@home

Poem@home

Rosetta@home

Not enough to make me switch over to folding

wow when i get back i might  help with this i am guessing this just destorys your computer or can you limit how much power it uses ??

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

wow when i get back i might  help with this i am guessing this just destorys your computer or can you limit how much power it uses ??

you can set the cpu to light so its always at like 50%. then you can set it to medium, which is a 100%cpu (unless your cpu is full crap you dont notice that at all) and 100%gpu when the screensaver comes up. OR you set it to max, that means 100% cpu and gpu all the time which you also dont really notice unless you start a game or render something (doing something stressfull)

and unless your cooling is crap and you stay in your temp range the hardware isnt damaged at all.

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

You can choose from 6 different settings varying from Idle to Full Throttle

Ya... In BOINC I am fighting malaria and I am trying to discover new drugs Fightmalaria@home Poem@home Rosetta@home Not enough to make me switch over to folding

Malaria can be treated with drugs... Even if you do find a cure, no one in Africa would be able to afford the drugs to fight it.

Folding@home fights diseases found in developed countries. I don't think you can get malaria in Germany. So if ever your family member gets a disease one day well you should be proud to have fought it with your beast of a computer to find a cure (which hopefully we will soon)

Folding@home fights diseases found in developed countries. I don't think you can get malaria in Germany. So if ever your family member gets a disease one day well you should be proud to have fought it with your beast of a computer to find a cure (which hopefully we will soon)

Well that's true...

Ok my new rig will be folding

But the iMac will stay at BOINC

a few really big producers have stopped folding, some have switched to mining, and ofcourse there is whaler that pretty much got more points than the top 10 combined, theres no surprise to see the points diminishing.

I'm guessing you lost quite a few people to mining. It's hard to justify paying to fold when you could get paid to mine.

Does anybody what to try and calculate what the ppd from the cards listed in my signature would be?

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Hmm... Pssttt... watch the points update in the next day or two. ;)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Another problem - a LOT of people, not just on this team but all teams, have stopped running SMP/CPU folding, since the return on it is so little compared to GPU folding. On some other forums there are some very heated discussions about this...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Our PPD did drop significantly since Whaler and Mentalguy dropped off of the active list. I would imagine that we've lost some of the amd folders to cryptocurrency mining. I have been ranking up faster than usual as well, I'm about to break the top 30 overall.

Hmm... Pssttt... watch the points update in the next day or two.  ;)

It's good to see you're getting back in the game.

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler

Hmm... Pssttt... watch the points update in the next day or two. ;)

Are you making a return!??! I was about to start buying some things for that rig I had planned.... but... R9-290 caught my attention... Still a bit of PPD with that though

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I got one of my main units back up and running for the time being. :)

I had to take my main server offline for my own use. If i have some free cycles i let it fold a unit overnight.

I might set it to -SMP4, maybe -8 as soon as i buy a second 8 core.

Now if only i could fold on pre-GTX cards, im sure my Geforce 6000 series cards would give me at least 4 PPD :D

~Judah

Someone give me another GTX 660 and I'll get us to the top, we don't need Whaler with is 10+ systems anyway :P

jk <3

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate