Any more andorid tricks?

lorcav123

long story short, I have TX3 pro andorid box, Tanix didn`t provide any update so I downlaoded custom firmware which has some bloatware programs that I removed when I rooted the box. Also swithed home menu for something else. Firefox (and other browsers) was running really slow on my box, very stuttery with constant microfreezes. I disabled java script in firefox and now it runs much better. Is there any more tricks that I should now, something to speed my andorid box? Should I install programs like CC cleaner for android?

4 minutes ago, lorcav123 said:

long story short, I have TX3 pro andorid box, Tanix didn`t provide any update so I downlaoded custom firmware which has some bloatware programs that I removed when I rooted the box. Also swithed home menu for something else. Firefox (and other browsers) was running really slow on my box, very stuttery with constant microfreezes. I disabled java script in firefox and now it runs much better. Is there any more tricks that I should now, something to speed my andorid box? Should I install programs like CC cleaner for android?

Without a custom ROM, you are pretty much stuck.  Looks similar to Raspberry Pi specs, so web performance is going to be quite bad on HTML5 heavy sites.

10 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Without a custom ROM, you are pretty much stuck.  Looks similar to Raspberry Pi specs, so web performance is going to be quite bad on HTML5 heavy sites.

What is the difference between custom ROM and firmware? I installed this on my andorid box:

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-marshmallow-6-0-acemax-tx3-pro-tv-box-2.html

is this ROM or firmware?

They are one in the same.  That is not custom though, it appears that it still has all of the bloat from the manufacturer.

Custom firmware/ROMs have user optimized software packages, updated kernels, and so forth.

Also, Android 6.0 is now legacy, and is not actively supported.