Chibi PC 1.0 - Everything I Always Wanted But Never Needed

lol, I realy didnt think that anyone would take this that far. :P

I think this might have worked a touch better but with a bit worse taste: "Women also can thank you with performance and aesthetics as well, if you know what I mean. ;) "

I was not going to do it at first but I knew if I didn't nobody would :P

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I was not going to do it at first but I knew if I didn't nobody would :P

lol, totally worth it :D

Update: #12

===========

I picked up two of the newer WD Scorpio Blacks on a Newegg Shell Shocker. I took some pics of their new HDD packaging because I was impressed. Its been improved drastically and should really cut down on a ton on HDD RMA's. After a substantial internal debate I ended up throwing the drive in RAID 10 instead of RAID 5 since the laptop drive could definitely beenefit from the increased speed, 1.5TB should be enough for a editing drive, and the extra redundancy in a portable system is probably for the best. The last picture is the rig just looking good in its temporary home. :P

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

Please remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Ah yea. Extra HDD's for the win. B)

Not really extra asI planned for 4 at some point once I had the money. The original two I already had from a laptop I upgraded and external HDD I built.

• 2 weeks later...

love the MNPCtech feet on there they look sweet :wub:

those hot swap bays in the front match perfectly with the case great choice :)

I like those 750 blacks I have 2 for my build when I benched them was surprised that there faster than my 3.5 drives :blink:

love the MNPCtech feet on there they look sweet :wub:

those hot swap bays in the front match perfectly with the case great choice :)

I like those 750 blacks I have 2 for my build when I benched them was surprised that there faster than my 3.5 drives :blink:

For some reason the word clodhoppers comes to mind every time I see them. But yes I quite like them and am glad I ended up with silver in the end. The search was quite long and hard. It started because I wanted to add that slim 140mm fan to the bottom and the standard feet are much too short for any real amount of airflow. The main limitation was that the area to mount that feet was only ~1in wide and most tall feet have wider bases than that.

Yea I didnt initially know what I wanted to do with that 5.25in bay. I only ended up with it because I wanted to fit that fanless psu but the smaller lain li doesnt take a ATX PSU. I came up with the idea after I had my hands on the MB and saw the for SATA ports. The fact that this is going to double as a editing rig created the need for something more than just the 180gb M.2 SSD as well.

Yea they have near desktop performance. I should really bench that RAID array sometime and see what its pulling.

For some reason the word clodhoppers comes to mind every time I see them. But yes I quite like them and am glad I ended up with silver in the end. The search was quite long and hard. It started because I wanted to add that slim 140mm fan to the bottom and the standard feet are much too short for any real amount of airflow. The main limitation was that the area to mount that feet was only ~1in wide and most tall feet have wider bases than that.

Yea I didnt initially know what I wanted to do with that 5.25in bay. I only ended up with it because I wanted to fit that fanless psu but the smaller lain li doesnt take a ATX PSU. I came up with the idea after I had my hands on the MB and saw the for SATA ports. The fact that this is going to double as a editing rig created the need for something more than just the 180gb M.2 SSD as well.

Yea they have near desktop performance. I should really bench that RAID array sometime and see what its pulling.

How much would you say they rise your case off the ground? I'm deciding between those and some smaller rounder ones in different colors.

How much would you say they rise your case off the ground? I'm deciding between those and some smaller rounder ones in different colors.

Check out the specs on FrozenCPU http://goo.gl/w2jqHY

Height - 1"

Base Diameter - 1 3/4"

Top Diameter - 1"

If you need me to measure I can but I should note I added rubber washers so the feet wouldnt spin or scratch the bottom of the case.

Check out the specs on FrozenCPU http://goo.gl/w2jqHY

Height - 1"

Base Diameter - 1 3/4"

Top Diameter - 1"

If you need me to measure I can but I should note I added rubber washers so the feet wouldnt spin or scratch the bottom of the case.

Could you measure yours? I will be adding washers on mine if I go with this for the same reason. Thanks bud.

Could you measure yours? I will be adding washers on mine if I go with this for the same reason. Thanks bud.

sure thing ill see what I can do tomorrow

@Hikaru12 sorry about taking so long but its 1 1/8in with the rubber washers. The other thing I would definitely recommend would be to get some small metal washers for inside the the rubber foot to distribute the pressure. If you dont know what I mean ill try to explain better.

that's the cutest little thingy! :P

Why thank you. Your comment is much appreciated.

@Hikaru12 sorry about taking so long but its 1 1/8in with the rubber washers. The other thing I would definitely recommend would be to get some small metal washers for inside the the rubber foot to distribute the pressure. If you dont know what I mean ill try to explain better.

Thanks man and I kind of understand but I'd have to see them in front of me to see what it kind of looks like. I think the case I have has the same system, just haven't taken the feet off yet to take a peek.

@TheProfosist what's a chibi?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I love this case! The fact that you are modding it makes it even better!

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

@TheProfosist Epic build, i've just bought a Prodigy to shove a 4770K, 780, a 280 and 240mm rad. Theres just something about putting stuff where it just shouldn't fit that appeals to me.  :D

Damn, got yourself a mini space heater there dont you.

@TheProfosist what's a chibi?

this should help you

I love this case! The fact that you are modding it makes it even better!

Thanks man! I basically done, I just have some loose ends to clean up including the LED strips still.

Just in time for winter here in Australia.  :lol:

do you actually have winter in australia?

do you actually have winter in australia?

It depends what part of Australia you are in. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

It depends what part of Australia you are in.

:P

My little PC puts out a decent amount of heat as well.

• 4 months later...

I updated the parts list on this build log. I also have a few new parts on the way and plan to give this build log a face lift to match the newer formatting of my Anthrax build log.

• 1 year later...

Its been almost a year since this thread was last updated. There have been a number of changes that have been done to Chibi PC to finally make it a complete build. Those will come in time as I do have all of it documented and just need to get it sorted. it is rather low on my list but it will happen as I do believe that I have done (or have at least attempted) some unique things in this build.