Chibi PC 1.0 - Everything I Always Wanted But Never Needed

The Parts List is now complete, if you think I missed something please let me know. If you want to know more about the parts like why I choose something or where/how its being used please ask and I will give you the best explanation I can.

Update: #02

===========

I took some more pics when I had to take the build apart a bit to route cables. Hopefully this will give you a better idea of how I used a few of the parts you may have been interested in.

IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg

Please remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Update: #03

===========

Here's some pics of the top LED strips installed. I used a little trick to route the cable as out of the way as possible. Only two strips went in because the feet are on back order and the bottom strips would cover the screws. Besides that two of my four strips ended up being bad, leds going on and off and flickering. A crappy pic from my phone that I used for RMA is below as well.

20140105_193145.jpg

IMG_9669.jpg

IMG_9723.jpg

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9742.jpg

IMG_9744.jpg

Please remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Update: #04

===========

Thought id share some close up pics of the Full Metal hotwap bay and the better fans I swapped in.

IMG_9689.jpg

IMG_9693.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg

IMG_9711.jpg

IMG_9713.jpg

That hot swap bay adds a nice touch.

Thanks man. I havnt decided if im going to run raid 5 or 10 once I get the two additional drive though.

Also I wonder if a velociraptor would fit properly in a sled.

I am readying the 120v, soon Chibi PC will come to life!

• 2 weeks later...

Chibi PC has been together and working for some time now but I have been waiting on a few things to come to crack it back open and fix some stuff as well as add stuff in. Hopefully by the end of the week itll be done and with everything installed. At that point im going to do the overclock as I already know its stable on stock 24hrs+. I would like to if possible OC so that all of the power saving is intact and that it basically just turbo's higher and it would be awesome if I didnt have to lock the voltage and it could some how be variable. If anyone has some insight on how to do this please chime in otherwise ill probably start up another thread in the OCing section on the forum. Below is a list of the things that need to be finished up be fore the system is truly complete.

-Swap in the Intel 7260 AC+BT mPCI-E adapter. (This will be a pain since there is a screw under the motherboard.)

-Put on the new taller milled aluminum feet. (I ended up have to change to the silver since the black was back ordered another 2-3 weeks and I just didnt want to wait any longer.)

-Install the two light strips that got replaced and hook them up.

-Figure out why the Prilomantech isnt able to be controlled at the moment

-OC, OC, OC

• 2 months later...

Nice!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Nice!

Lol just found this, I really need to update it.

Lol just found this, I really need to update it.

Upload more pics of the new PC, i mean pictures from longer ranges of the PC....

^_^

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Upload more pics of the new PC, i mean pictures from longer ranges of the PC....

^_^

What do you mean by "from longer ranges"? Like farther out? Those are meant to be close up to show off specific stuff you may not see other wise.

What do you mean by "from longer ranges"? Like farther out? Those are meant to be close up to show off specific stuff you may not see other wise.

yes... but you dont need too.

Show some benchmarks or something:D

Looks awesome!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

That case is an abomination to man-kind, but the rest looks good. I guess that case is good for a LAN machine.

Pentium G3258, R9 270X, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, crappy EVGA 500W PSU

yes... but you dont need too.

Show some benchmarks or something:D

but why not I do some cool unusual stuff and what do benches really have to do with building

Looks awesome!

Thanks Man!

That case is an abomination to man-kind, but the rest looks good. I guess that case is good for a LAN machine.

What why I like the case its quite solid and light. Yea its my Portable gaming and and editing machine.

Sweet mobo

love all the closeup shots :wub:

nice work :)

I have more photos for more updates I just need to find time to put them up.

but why not I do some cool unusual stuff and what do benches really have to do with building

Thanks Man!

What why I like the case its quite solid and light. Yea its my Portable gaming and and editing machine.

It looks kind of hard to work in also.

It looks kind of hard to work in also.

Not really all that much once I took out most of the inside. What do you think makes it harder than another ITX to working in?

Not really all that much once I took out most of the inside. What do you think makes it harder than another ITX to working in?

Like you said, you took out most of the inside...

Like you said, you took out most of the inside...

Cause who needs 4x 3.5in HDDs in a ITX gaming PC, right?

Cause who needs 4x 3.5in HDDs in a ITX gaming PC, right?

lol ya what do you think you're doing! foolish :P

I'm only going to be putting ssds and an odd in my mitx build but that's because im using the extra mounting space to attempt a watercooled build and already have an external nas :)

let's get this build log off the ground

lol ya what do you think you're doing! foolish :P

I'm only going to be putting ssds and an odd in my mitx build but that's because im using the extra mounting space to attempt a watercooled build and already have an external nas :)

let's get this build log off the ground

I am now confused, which is probably my fault.

I do have 4x 2.5in 750GB WD Scorpio Blacks in RAID 10 in mine... I just think that more than 1 3.5in drive takes up far too much room in a space constrained ITX build if your focusing on performance.

Thats kinda why my boot drive is a M.2 SSD.

I can help if you want, I guess. Oh and I think I have all the pics sorted for this build. Now I just have to write stuff for the updates and post them...