Slow/Abnormal SSHD behaviour?

DrBonesMcCoy

I bought a FX503VM in July and a 1TB SSHD from Seagate to go along with the laptops 256GB of storage. When I try to download games in speed there appears to be a good period of downloading on my colleges wifi at about 20MBs in steam. My Drive will be at about 23MB usage. My drive response time in Task Manager sky rockets upto a few hundred Mili seconds and my Disk Usage declines to a few MB/s. This affects my download speed and drops it down from the High teens low 20's to about 3MB/s. Is this normal? I don't think I experienced anything like this with my Toshiba HDD at home. I attached a few screenshots

image.png

image.png

The Darkened Phantom(With some light shining through)

CPU: I7-8700K @4.9Ghz 1.313 V Core

COOLER: Corsair H115i

GPU: 1070 Founders Edition @Stock settings

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

PSU: Corsair RM 850X

CASE: Enthoo Pro M Special Edition

STORAGE: 1X 128GB SSD, 1X120GB SSD, 1 X 500GB NVME PCIE SSD and 1X 2TB HDD

Hello DrBonesMcCoy,

Please download and install Seatools, check the drive condition following the steps on the following guide and if results or unsatisfactory, check your warranty as you may have a defective piece of equipment: http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/202435en

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming