Multi-Screen Mirroring

Schmarvin

Not sure if this would be the right place for this but;

Looking for a solution that would mirror the screen of a laptop/computer to two separate TVs at the same time. I can do wired Cat6, but I'd prefer a wireless solution. This is for a customer, and they currently have a Crestron solution that is clunky and not working 100%. A lot of frames drop and at any time at least one of the TVs drops off and comes back quite a few times.

Distance? environment? is it somewhere that's going to fill with people and 2.4/5 GHz traffic? Does it need to penetrate walls?

(good) Wireless video is much more expensive than good HDBaseT Tx/Rx systems. And if you have a decent network infrastructure, NDI could be an option.

Distance between computer and TV?  Why not use an HDMI splitter?  Simple and cheaper.  If you need distance, use the Ethernet cable for transport with media converters.

If you need IP routing for the video signal that's obviously more complex and expensive.

8 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Distance between computer and TV?  Why not use an HDMI splitter?  Simple and cheaper.  If you need distance, use the Ethernet cable for transport with media converters...

I used two powered HDMI splitters to mirror two of my monitors to the two HDMI inputs on my old TV. Monoprice makes some good powered splitters (don't use passive splitters) and also adapters for sending HDMI over Ethernet.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!