Titanfall? HTC's latest revenue results still paint a grim picture

D13H4RD
5 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

But nowadays you get even more things.

as of today 4 points on my list are actively being removed from flagships

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Metal frame is debatable as a good thing. 

my mistake

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

USB3? I'd take C any day of the week.

I'll take faster transfer speeds thank you very much

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Not really.

The Alpha and Note 4 lacked the gasket on their battery doors because they found out that if the phone was dropped without a case, the cover would pop open. So if it was dropped into a wet area, the water resistance is nullified

it's one thing to drop the phone in a poodle and another to drop it in a pool.

I don't think that was the reason why the Note 4 and Alpha lacked the rating, unless you have some statements from samsung confirming it

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

it's one thing to drop the phone in a poodle and another to drop it in a pool.

I don't think that was the reason why the Note 4 and Alpha lacked the rating, unless you have some statements from samsung confirming it

Seen a couple of S5 and S5 Actives getting water-logged when dropped into a puddle.

Samsung obviously wouldn't confirm it but it does seem plausible. The metal frame alone wouldn't cause a phone to lose its IP rating.

I'm not knocking the removable back design. I still miss it to this day. It's just that you ought to be as careful with an IP rated phone as any other.

Oh yeah, there are some USB-C phones that are USB3 capable. They're very rare though

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, Rune said:

One M7 is still my favorite phone of all time. If I could have that phone with the latest version of android I'd switch back in an instant.

You can, Lineage OS 15.1 exists for the M7 which is Oreo based. 16 exists for the M8 which is Pie based.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This is no surprise to the Vive VR community, HTC have been running things into the ground and burning bridges for quite a while now. Everyone dreads having to deal with them for warranty repairs.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

4 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

as of today 4 points on my list are actively being removed from 

I'll assume headphone jack and removable battery. What are the other 2? Sd card? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They used to be better than Xiaomi/Huawei and on par with Samsung/OnePlus devices, now they are nothing, they didnt adapt so now they are going to die as a company, like even now they are doing exactly nothing to avoid their fate, they could still adopt the chinese style marketing where they hold no stock sell everything and make little profit but instead make new products with the revenue they have. They are just milking the dry tits of HTC brand until there is no more and then shutdown.

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

I'll assume headphone jack and removable battery. What are the other 2? Sd card? 

sd card and usb3

The most durable phone I've ever had was the HTC Evo 3D. The amount of times I dropped that phone without a case I'm surprised it's still in one piece! Plus, the fact that I could record a video in 3D then watch it back on the TV was cool back in the day. 

In fact, the only reason I stopped using that phone was because I knocked it off the table when it was on charge and the charger snapped inside the port

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

I was one of the very few people in my school who had a M7 and a HD2

Their designs hasn't bee spectacular these days and the price isn't competitive even against other Taiwanese phone manufacturers.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

They should create a new version of the Desire Z to make at least something that's different than the rest of the current smartphones out there but oh well...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Main HTC's problem is total clusterfuck with their models and naming conventions. You literally have no idea what you're looking at unless you specifically check the specs.

I remember back in the day when they had just HTC Desire and everyone had one of those.

16 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

But I also kinda feel like after the HTC 10, the company seems to have lost its touch with the greater fanbase.

If you ask me, things started going downhill right after the M7.

The M7 was nice because it had a really premium look and feel to it, especially compared to the Galaxy S4. The move to larger pixels in the camera, plus OIS was a really bold and in some ways a good move, and the dual front facing speakers were a really good unique selling point.

Then the M8 came out and they basically just changed the SoC, and for some reason removed the OIS making the camera worse than the previous model. I mean, check out this video and you can see how big the difference was.

Then they started putting previous-gen SoCs in their phones. The HTC Max came out with a Snapdragon 600 SoC when other phones on the market like the Note 3, LG G2 and Nexus 5 were all shipping with Snapdragon 800 chips.

I was on HTC for the longest time (HTC Inspire, M7, M9) but when they took the headphone jack off the U11 and the dual front facing speakers I jumped ship. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 10/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, LAwLz said:

Then they started putting previous-gen SoCs in their phones. The HTC Max came out with a Snapdragon 600 SoC when other phones on the market like the Note 3, LG G2 and Nexus 5 were all shipping with Snapdragon 800 chips.

If I recall the 810 used to overheat, could have been a factor maybe?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

7 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

If I recall the 810 used to overheat, could have been a factor maybe?

The One Max came out in the later part of 2013, when the first batches of phones powered by the Snapdragon 800 first came to market. 

It wouldn't be until 2015 for the first market with the 810 to come to market. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1