Port Fowarding without router access.

newbold_57

Hello everyone. I am trying to host a server from my doorm room. Problem is I need to port forward and I dont have router access (or any control over the network). I was wondering if there are any ways to get around this. Also I know I can use a VPN but I would prefer not to. 

There's no real way to forward ports without access to at least the router configuration options.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

No, you can't.

Unless you make your clients install some software like hamachi which gamers usually use when they don't know how to port forward their game servers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can't port forward without router access, and you probably shouldn't do this from your dorm.

What type of server? Id try aws, they have a free tier you can try.

Without logins (ssh or user control panel) you will be unable to port forward any traffic. Tt is probably against your TOS anyway.

If it supports uPNP and the software that needs the ports does too, its should do it automatically.  But I highly doubt they support it.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7